It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:29 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:38 am 

Hi. Have followed the instructions in setting up FSAcars, and flew a short flight (CYYC - CYEG) to give it a try. After completing my flight, and following the directions in the CVA_fsacars1.6.pdf, I get the error "Error Sending Log - Database Error". Any suggestions on what else I should do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:56 pm 
Site Admin

Let me know your callsign or real name and I will look into it when I get home tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:11 am 

CVA0055. In the cva.ini I have entered 'PilotNumber=0055'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:55 am 
Site Admin

Well, there is your problem right there!!!

Please see this link...all will be answered! :D

http://canadianva.com/fsacars/Quick_Start_Guide.pdf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:07 pm 

I just finished reading (for the 1st. time) the quick start guide for FSAcars and I'm wondering what does the items SelCal , Export SB3 mean? I've just completed my 2nd. flight with CVA and wasn't sure of what to do with sending in flight log. This "quick start" guide answered most of my questions so hopefully I'll be able to send in information required more accurately in future. Also, I forgot to set the departure time in my last flight. Does FSAcars set it automatically if the pilot "forgets" to do so?
Really enjoy flying with CVA , adds to the pleasure of the Flight Simulation experience.

Clay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:17 pm 

SELCAL is something used mainly on oceanic flights. When the radio operators need to get a hold of an aircraft they broadcast a signal that alerts the pilot and crew, thus eliminating the need of the crew to continually monitor their radios in oceanic airspace. I know FSInn simulates this but I'm not sure if Squawkbox does or not.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but the Export SB3 allows you to export your flight from FSACARS into Squawkbox so that it goes directly into your flight plan. If I remember correctly it is done automatically if you are using FSInn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:12 pm 

Thanks for reply Danny , appreciate the information.
I was reading up on SelCal after I posted this query and it does have a connection with radios and I was kinda thinking that SB3 had a connection with Squawkbox but wasn't really sure.

Clay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:45 am 
Site Admin

simman14 wrote:
CVA0055. In the cva.ini I have entered 'PilotNumber=0055'.

You should not have to enter ANYTHING in the CVA.ini file.

Please make sure you read the start guide as Chuck pointed out. Make sure you have downloaded the appropriate files from your Pilot Center and installed correctly and this should clear things up.

Cheers!

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:22 pm 

After I completed flying the CVA Flight #4097 I was unable to complete and/or send in log report. The FSAcars icon was in the task bar but would not "open" after several attempts even though I was "right clicking" on it. Holding the mouse over the icon revealed the following information: Hdg: 235 degrees ; 231 Knots ; Alt: 06496 ft.

Only problem is that I was already at the gate in KMSP with parking brakes set. Anyone have an idea what could have caused this error?. I will attempt to do this flight again but would like to have some information as to what to do if the above problem should reoccur. Please note that I am not greatly concerned with not being able to "send log report" in order to receive credit for completion of flight but am more curious with what might have been done wrong -- most likely a mistake/error/omission by the pilot himself :( !!

Also , it appears that I have been credited with having completed Flight #2009 twice, but have actually only completed it once. Maybe someone can correct this error and reset records to show completed flights < # 2009 and #8036 > -- once for each one.

Thanks, Clay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:30 pm 
Site Admin

We will look after your flight 2009 for you. Something to try in regards to getting FSAcars restored. I have seen this a couple of times before. Start FSAcars without FS running. Once it asks if you are at the airport, select no. This will leave you in a situation where you can access the config options. Find the option that says "Minimizes to SysTray" and deselect it. On some systems, very few, it can sometimes lockup. I know on my old computer it would do this and switching from going to the system tray solved the issue.

Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]