It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:12 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:10 am 

I have done this ALL day and it doesn't seem to work. I have downloaded FSAcars from satavirtual.com and our own website and I have put the two textfiles into the FSAcars folder on my hard-drive but when I open it the option "Flights From VA" doesn't show up. All I want to do is fly and get started but this isn't working and starting to stress me out. Has anyone had this problem or does anyone know what to do?

Thanks,
Adam (CVA366)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:50 am 

The first question that comes to my mind is , did you unzip the two text files to somewhere on your hard drive , and open them there BEFORE putting them into your fsacars folder ?
Fsacars does not recognize a zipped file.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:49 am 
Site Admin

ajenkins009 wrote:
I have done this ALL day and it doesn't seem to work. I have downloaded FSAcars from satavirtual.com and our own website and I have put the two textfiles into the FSAcars folder on my hard-drive but when I open it the option "Flights From VA" doesn't show up. All I want to do is fly and get started but this isn't working and starting to stress me out. Has anyone had this problem or does anyone know what to do?

Thanks,
Adam (CVA366)

Hi Andrew,

Welcome aboard and hopefully we can get you sorted out in short order here.

Did you have a look at the Quick Start Guide topic posted at the top of the forum on getting FSAcars up and running? This might help get you started properly.

Also, depending on your operating system you may need additional help (i.e. - if you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7). You can check the following thread in this forum that may also help:

FSAcars and Windows 7

Let us know.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:16 pm 
Site Admin

If you do not have the Flight From VA option, your CVA config file is either not in the right folder or is damaged in some way that FSAcars does not recognize it.

It is either A or B really, there is no C. For some reason, your FSAcars does not see the CVA.ini file. Even with no flight bid on, it should still allow you to open FSAcars and the Flight From VA option should still be shown.

It really sounds like the ini file that was downloaded separately from the site did not find its way into the correct folder. If you used the installer from our downloads, it puts a default CVA.ini file in the folder. When you copy the new ini file into the folder, you have to overwrite the old one. This is kind of a double check, did it ask you if it was ok to overwrite? If so, you put it in the right folder, if it didn't, then it is in the wrong location.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:08 pm 

Thanks guys I will have a look. If anybody has Skype maybe you can coach me through this if none of this advice works. Hopefully it will though.

Thanks again,
Adam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:19 pm 

IT FINALLY WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think the problem was I didn't download the CVA config file and I think that was the problem. THANK YOU ALL!

Will be in the air shortly, :thumbsup:
Adam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:14 pm 

ajenkins009 wrote:
IT FINALLY WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think the problem was I didn't download the CVA config file and I think that was the problem. THANK YOU ALL!

Will be in the air shortly, :thumbsup:
Adam

Good just time for your participation in YOUR VERY FIRST EVENT with CVA tonight or this Wed night.

For info, go to home page of the airline (NOT the forums) and click on multi to get info.

Aharon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:24 pm 

Now at 3 hrs trying to get the Flight from VA to show, has uninstalled twice, still won't work.
Have pasted the two file ... I took the CVAplanes.text out of the folder & pasted ... still no luck?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:03 pm 
Site Admin

You must install FSAcars, preferably from the installer on our site. Be aware that you must unzip or extract the zipped file before running the installer.

Secondly, you must be sure to have FSUIPC installed in FS. If you do not know where to find this, there is a link in the Quick Start Guide in the pinned topic in this forum.

Next, log in to your pilot center and download the FSAcars config file. Place this in your fsacars folder on your computer.

Usually if you cannot see the flight from VA button, it is because you either forgot to download your fsacars config file or placed it in the incorrect folder.

Note: If you installed FSAcars from our installer, it has a default CVA.ini file. This is the FSAcars config file. When putting the fsacars config file that you downloaded into your fsacars folder, it will ask you if you wish to overwrite the file. Select yes. If it doesn't ask, you didn't place it in the right folder.

For Windows 7 users, it is advised to disable User Access Control (UAC) before adding anything to FS or trying to modify or overwrite any files.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]