It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:25 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:32 pm 

hai.

i had little problem with FAScars, that fs crashed several times today, i tried to solve the problem and at last i did that but a new problem i found is that in our cva home page shows the latest flight logs with the pilot name and flight number, that one is missing my log details, and when i checked my pilot center that flight is showing there with the flight log but one thing miss there,the aircraft with registration number. I doubt that if any problem happend when i reinstall the fsacars ,

i install the fsacrs run that with out opening fs installed ini and text files.

please can any one give me some idea what happened

thanks ,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:56 am 

Hello sudeer,

Perhaps Chuck may take the time to look into your problem , as he is the pro in that department. In an effort to help him , as he is very busy with all the stuff he does here for <span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>[color=blue]<span style='font-family:georgia'>CVA</span>
</span> , I thought I would try and give a hand , but I can't seem to figure out which one of the 297 pilots we have on the pilots list , that you are.

Did you use a different name here than you used as your pilots name? Is your name really "sudeer"? Are you actually a <span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:georgia'>CVA Member</span></span> ?

===============================================================================

This brings a question to my mind . Why do some pilots who join up in this VA use different names for their call signs and then use a "Nic Name" here in our forums?

When you checked out this VA before you joined , did you not notice that most of us use the same name in these forums as our call signs , or close to it , so that everyone would know who each other is?

It really doesn't matter all that much to me as it dosen't have any effect on me whatsoever , but I was just curious as to why some members do this.

How are we supposed to help you if we have to search through the roster for a half hour to try and figure out which <span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:georgia'>CVA Pilot</span></span> you are? In the case of "sudeer" , I have failed to find this person on our roster. But then ,,,, I only looked for about ten minutes , so I could have missed something (if so , I'm terribly sorry)

:cool:[/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:47 am 

Marty CVA1974 wrote:
Hello sudeer,

Perhaps Chuck may take the time to look into your problem , as he is the pro in that department. In an effort to help him , as he is very busy with all the stuff he does here for <span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:georgia'>CVA</span></span> , I thought I would try and give a hand , but I can't seem to figure out which one of the 297 pilots we have on the pilots list , that you are.

Did you use a different name here than you used as your pilots name? Is your name really "sudeer"? Are you actually a <span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:georgia'>CVA Member</span></span> ?

===============================================================================

This brings a question to my mind . Why do some pilots who join up in this VA use different names for their call signs and then use a "Nic Name" here in our forums?

When you checked out this VA before you joined , did you not notice that most of us use the same name in these forums as our call signs , or close to it , so that everyone would know who each other is?

It really doesn't matter all that much to me as it dosen't have any effect on me whatsoever , but I was just curious as to why some members do this.

How are we supposed to help you if we have to search through the roster for a half hour to try and figure out which <span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:georgia'>CVA Pilot</span></span> you are? In the case of "sudeer" , I have failed to find this person on our roster. But then ,,,, I only looked for about ten minutes , so I could have missed something (if so , I'm terribly sorry)

:cool:

:blush: Sorry Marty, I to use a nickname on the forums :blush:
When I signed up here at CVA I diden't realize everyone used their CVA pilot number untill after I made the forums account.

But Sudeer, I think I picked out something, did you say you started FSAcars before starting FSX? Your supposed to run FSX, get your plane ready, set parking break, THEN start FSAcars, I hope this helps!

-Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:10 am 

Hey Marty, I often wished my name wasn't there in the bright lights of the Internet. But I didn't think to make a nick-name when I joined. When I realised plenty of people had their names up, I asked here if everything we post ends up on the web, but I don't remember the answer. I think it would be nice if it were a private club and web crawlers stayed out. I'd rather not have every damn lousy joke and personal sharing stored forever somewhere.

I just did a quick search and see that it doesn't really come up with unique pages in the search results - more like login pages. I'd still prefer to ahve my name like yours though - "Rob CVA199"

call me paranoid, but I'd rather not wait until my house is stolen from me before worrying about this. Others might think the same thing when they register.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:35 am 
Site Admin

Very odd, the aircraft registration on that flight was listed as CVA instead of C-FFWN. I am not too sure how that would happen unless there is a problem with your CVAplanes textfile. Is it possible you may have typed CVA in the registration field by mistake?

I checked the flight log and saw that it was the B737 so I adjusted it on the admin side so everything went through ok.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:22 am 

:D Heh, I guess you didn't seem to have any problem finding him in there , eh Chuck ? Chuck is my hero !

:shutup: ok then ,,, I think I'm just gonna press this here "dummy switch " one more time (in my Dash 7 ) and then crawl back under this here rock . Ya see... right under this here one ... ya see ,,, yep ,,, that one there,,, ,,, then I'm just gonna go back to sleep,,,, ya see ?

G'nite !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:04 am 

Rob Vanderkam wrote:
Hey Marty, I often wished my name wasn't there in the bright lights of the Internet. But I didn't think to make a nick-name when I joined. When I realised plenty of people had their names up, I asked here if everything we post ends up on the web, but I don't remember the answer. I think it would be nice if it were a private club and web crawlers stayed out. I'd rather not have every damn lousy joke and personal sharing stored forever somewhere.

I just did a quick search and see that it doesn't really come up with unique pages in the search results - more like login pages. I'd still prefer to ahve my name like yours though - "Rob CVA199"

call me paranoid, but I'd rather not wait until my house is stolen from me before worrying about this. Others might think the same thing when they register.

Web Crawlers ???

Rob! :p Ya mean we may have Web Crawlers here? Do you really think these "web crawlers" are gonna find out everything about us and come and steal our houses? Did you think you were not on the world wide web when you joined this VA ? Didn't you notice that you were on the internet ?

I did not mean that you had to give us all you personal information and your bank account information and Social Insurance Number and your life history , did I ? If you choose to give us that information that is entirely your choice , but by far , it is not what I was talking about.
If you are that worried about your house getting stolen just because we know your name , then are you also worried about telling someone your name who you meet at the grocery store or at work or at the local mall ?

All I was trying to point out , is that it may be easier for us to figure out who each other is , if we use the same name in the forums as the pilot name. I always thought it was just common sence.

It just seems to me that if we all had a different names when we fly on Vatsim , and another name when on these forums , and another name for our CVA pilot call sign , and so on , and so on , I would think things would get quite confusing , is all.

Now,, where is that rock again ? :laugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:01 pm 

Heh heh. Point taken, Marty. Except that you never know what info we put up here that might become useful to some scumbag some day. Talking to the cashier in the corner store doesn't usually end up in some database ...FOREVER! :ghostface:

Anyway, I'm going to go look for that dummy switch too now..... :wow:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:04 pm 

Now if someone could change my first name in the roster from John to Barry it would end the confusion over who I am! I signed up using my real first name 'John'. But everyone except my late father uses 'Barry' which is my real middle name. Not sure if I forgive my parents for starting that tradition. It's been a pain all my life!

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:10 pm 
Site Admin

Ok and I will regenerate the signatures as well so it appears correctly on your sig!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:38 pm 

Done already!!! Thanks Chuck!

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:53 pm 

<span style='font-size:7.01pt;line-height:100%'>[color=green]Chuck is my hero !
</span>[/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:57 pm 

Marty CVA1974 wrote:
:D Heh, I guess you didn't seem to have any problem finding him in there , eh Chuck ? Chuck is my hero !

:shutup: ok then ,,, I think I'm just gonna press this here "dummy switch " one more time (in my Dash 7 ) and then crawl back under this here rock . Ya see... right under this here one ... ya see ,,, yep ,,, that one there,,, ,,, then I'm just gonna go back to sleep,,,, ya see ?

G'nite !

Lol now that I think about it, I think i've pressed that dummy switch before, nothing happened though :(

Marty gets to have all the fun! :laugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:42 am 

Rob Vanderkam wrote:
Heh heh. Point taken, Marty. Except that you never know what info we put up here that might become useful to some scumbag some day. Talking to the cashier in the corner store doesn't usually end up in some database ...FOREVER! :ghostface:

FYI - I just read this today in Macleans....

Electronic Eternity
Delete, by legal scholar Victor Mayer-Shonberger, considers the implications of the Internet's immortality. There is an awful lot of humiliating material out there, from embarrassing photos to failed ideas, and, he points out, once posted, it stays forever. Mayer-Schonberger things that hurts society, by leading to potentially crippling intellectual self-censorship. His solution: sites shoul doffer those who use them a choice of expiry dates.

FYI - just thought it was interesting. :devil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:14 am 

Quote:
Now if someone could change my first name in the roster from John to Barry it would end the confusion over who I am! I signed up using my real first name 'John'. But everyone except my late father uses 'Barry' which is my real middle name. Not sure if I forgive my parents for starting that tradition. It's been a pain all my life!

Hey, you could have been born 'John Diefenbakia'. :cool:

That's what my wife calls her diefenbakia. :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ]