It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:15 pm 

Ok the new website is on and I have registered What number do I put in my FSAcars ,old pilot number , or the new pilot number in the FSACars ini file Cannot seem to log flights with either or is there a totally new FASACARS I see a download in the Pilot place but it is only a small file what is it for where do we put that ??? ???

While you can

Burt Dykeman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:03 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Burton,

Here's what you do...

First off that little file that you downloaded, open up Windows Explorer, not internet explorer, and find your way to your Program Files/fsacars folder. Inside of that folder you should see a file called CVA.ini, that same name as the one you downloaded. Put the new file in that folder. It should ask you if you wish to overwrite the existing file. Select OK.

Next, choose a flight. Go to the site, select the "View Flight Schedules" option from your Pilot Center. What I do here is choose an option which will give me the fewest choices. Say if you are flying out of Toronto to say Windsor, I would select the option to search by Arrival since Windsor would have fewer flights listed.

When you find the flight you want, select the "Add to Bid" on the right side of the page.

You can now close your web browser and start FS. When you load FSAcars, there will be a new button on the right side called Flight from VA. If you click on that, it will get your flight bid and fill in some of the fields for you.

Feel free to add your flight level, change your aircraft type or your route. Leave all other fields alone. From there use fsacars as you normally would.

When finished, leave all references to pilot number alone and just click your way through the submit procedure. I repeat, do not change your pilot number anywhere.

Hope this helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:05 pm 

So just to clarify, we do not have to put our CVA ID inside the new cva.ini file as we did with the old one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:37 pm 

Ok that makes it a lot clearer thanks got it now

While you can

Burt Dykeman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:06 pm 
Site Admin

You do not have to do anything except put it in the folder.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]