It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:06 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:23 am 

I'm attempting to use the FSACARS program with FSX ... I follow the instructions to what I feel is step-by-step, and get the error message listed as the title of this post. Let me outline my steps, and maybe you guys can give me a hand and point out what I'm doing wrong:

1. Installed the FSACARS program. Edited the .INI file to put in my pilot # (only the numeric portion as instructed).

2. Started FSX. Plane parked at departure airport, parking brake set.

3. Started FSACARS program. Immediately prompted: "Plane at Departure Airport?" - to which I answer: "Yes".

4. Within a quick moment, another message box appears that states "FS crash. Do You want to resume Log?" with Yes/No options. Choosing "Yes" results in the box being shown over and over again. Choosing "No" response with a message that "FSacars will revert to log/send change options only.", then all elements of the user-interface vanish, and I'm left with only a "Send LOG" button on the right-hand portion of the screen.

Thoughts? Ideas? Am I missing some critical step?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:06 am 
Site Admin

Aloniw wrote:
I'm attempting to use the FSACARS program with FSX ... I follow the instructions to what I feel is step-by-step, and get the error message listed as the title of this post. Let me outline my steps, and maybe you guys can give me a hand and point out what I'm doing wrong:

1. Installed the FSACARS program. Edited the .INI file to put in my pilot # (only the numeric portion as instructed).

2. Started FSX. Plane parked at departure airport, parking brake set.

3. Started FSACARS program. Immediately prompted: "Plane at Departure Airport?" - to which I answer: "Yes".

4. Within a quick moment, another message box appears that states "FS crash. Do You want to resume Log?" with Yes/No options. Choosing "Yes" results in the box being shown over and over again. Choosing "No" response with a message that "FSacars will revert to log/send change options only.", then all elements of the user-interface vanish, and I'm left with only a "Send LOG" button on the right-hand portion of the screen.

Thoughts? Ideas? Am I missing some critical step?

Hi Tom,

You are likely receiving this because you have not yet installed FSUIPC from Peter Dowson's website.

Get this installed and try again and I am pretty sure this should resolve the problem. If you need a hand with this then drop me an email and I'll do what I can to help you out.

Cheers!

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:05 am 

That definitely did the trick! Thank you! Might be something to consider mentioning in the FAQ/Example PDF for us new guys!

Thanks again -:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:51 am 
Site Admin

Good idea Tom! I have done a revision on the PDF mentioning the need for FSUIPC and uploaded it complete with a link right to Peter Dowson's site.

Thanks for pointing that out for us! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:04 am 

One more thing I have found during a flight FSAcars said I crashed. I didn't as far as I knew..... :p (no bodys or nothin') Turn off crash detection. I think it may have sent a signal to FSAcars that a crash occurred. Since turning it off I haven't had any trouble yet for about 4 flights. :cool:

Image....Image

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]