It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 pm

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:33 pm 
Site Admin

I have just uploaded a new version of kAcars with some fixes/enhancements.

Most notable are that initial fuel load is checked when you start recording, not when you connect to FS. It will also prompt you on exit now instead of immediately closing just in case you fat finger the exit button by mistake.

Once you have downloaded and installed the CVAcars application, you may uninstall kAcars. You will be required to go into settings and put your Pilot ID and Password in again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:39 am 

Thanks, Chuck. Nice to have the CVA stamp on it too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:43 pm 

Downloaded and have been using CVAcars but I have to reenter my callsign and password everytime I use it. Is there a way to avoid this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:59 am 

Click on 'info' then 'settings' - Enter call sign and PW. Then save.

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:14 pm 

Thanks Barry.
I knew there was a step I was missing. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:55 am 

How are you guys getting to install CVAcars. I downloaded and installed, everything seemed ok. Then I started FS and lastly started CVAcars. What are the pilot id and passwords to be put in. You new cva0318 or cva675 or a number and what password. When I click on verify log in details I have a box pop up Unhandled exception. Can't do much else on that screen. I can change the settings though. Any ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:09 pm 
Site Admin

First make sure you have FSUIPC installed in your modules folder. When you first open FSACARS go to the top menu there is one item there called "Info" go there and select settings.
There you will enter CVA0318 and your CVA web site password. Click save and then start your Flight sim and so when you open FSACARS you can connect to the sim and to the CVA web site. After this is done click get flight info. (Note you must first bid on a flight from your Pilot center of the CVA web site) . Then make sure the parking brake is set and you select the proper aircraft for the route, add the flight level and then click Start Recording Flight.

Edited By CVA9214 on 1283775025

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:08 am 

Thanks for the reply. No go. I downloaded and installed twice. Everything goes good, for downloading and installing. I can run the program. The window pops up. I go to info, settings and put in my name and password. Going back to the main screen, no buttons are active except for verify log in details and connect to flight sim. If I click on connect to flight sim, a box above that has a flashing bar waiting for text entry or something. If at any time I click on the only other button available which is the verify log in details, I get that pop up box that says unhandled exception bla bla bla and choices are quit, continue, or details. Quits, quits. Continue takes you back to the main screen with no changes. Details, say access to the path c:\program files\fs not much else. I was able to use fsacars, but I just can't get this one installed and working at all. If anyone else had this problem, how did you fix it.. I'm running windows 7 32bit and flightsim2004. I have fsuipc installed because everything works as before with no problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:15 am 

Uninstall all previous versions, then reboot to start fresh.

Then install and see if that helped, can't think of anything else.

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:48 am 
Site Admin

CVA675 wrote:
Thanks for the reply. No go. I downloaded and installed twice. Everything goes good, for downloading and installing. I can run the program. The window pops up. I go to info, settings and put in my name and password. Going back to the main screen, no buttons are active except for verify log in details and connect to flight sim. If I click on connect to flight sim, a box above that has a flashing bar waiting for text entry or something. If at any time I click on the only other button available which is the verify log in details, I get that pop up box that says unhandled exception bla bla bla and choices are quit, continue, or details. Quits, quits. Continue takes you back to the main screen with no changes. Details, say access to the path c:\program files\fs not much else. I was able to use fsacars, but I just can't get this one installed and working at all. If anyone else had this problem, how did you fix it.. I'm running windows 7 32bit and flightsim2004. I have fsuipc installed because everything works as before with no problems.

Hi Wayne,

The unhandled exception error issue is due to the fact you need to run CVAcars in Administrator mode. You can fix this fairly easily. Once you have the program installed, on the desktop you should have a shortcut icon for CVAcars. Right click this and go to properties. The properties window will show up with a bunch of tabs you can click on. Click the Compatibility tab.

At the bottom of the window now, look for the section that says Privilege Level and there is an option / checkbox here that says "Run this program as an administrator". Click the checkbox on, then apply button / ok button. Try to re-run the program and see if this gets rid of your problem.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:17 am 

Thanks Darryl That got the problem fixed as far as that gos.. So now when I start acars and click the connect to FS it shows up underneath as connected to FS. That looks good. When I click on verify log in details it doesn't pop up that error any more. Those are the only two button that are active still at this point. So when I click on the log in details it says underneath not logged in! Thing is I don't know what my user name and password is. I seem to have one user name and password to log into the cva site then another user name and password for the forums. Is there a way to make those the same/ Maybe by editing my profile??? Anyway I still can't load a bit or anything else because I can't get it to log me in. I use the web browser tab along the top of acars. I can get logged in to the cva site and the forums from there, I have tries several user names and passwords that I think it might be. Any more ideas there Darryl. Why is this acars better than the one before. I had very few problems with it. This one is nothing but a headache so far and I haven't even got it working yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:29 am 

I have made some progress. I can now click on the verify log in and it connects. funny that my user name and password are a combination of the two. Anyway now I can log in and the get flight number info lights up. I have a bid in on line and when I click the button it says no flight found. If I type in the number say 6026 in the flight number box and click the button still no go. I can get a cursor to pop up in a few of the boxes to type something but nothing will type into thee boxes. There is also a select button just under the CVA logo at the bottom of the page. Also now my banner pops up on the acars page too. Ok whats next, we're getting there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:08 am 
Site Admin

I sent you a private message to help you out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:10 am 

Thank you Darryl. Why changing the password had anything to do with it, I don't know. All seem to be working fine now. I haven't done a flight yet but I did bid on a flight and had it sent to acars then changed to the correct aircraft. I take back anything I may have said about the new acars From what I see here this is way better than the old acars. Now to try it out and see how the rest of it works. Thanks again Darryl for all the help, and the message, which did work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:52 pm 

Thank you Frank. I guess it was you who sent the message. I got it mixed up. Thanks again for getting me out of a jam.

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next