It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:55 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:10 am 

So when you're in a rush to get off the ground because you only have 45 minutes to fly and you forget to check your FUEL... :oops: what do we do with FSACARS? What I did was land (rather nicely) at an aerodrome that happened to be nearby on the way to where I was supposed to go. I couldn't refuel until I had sent my log and turned off FSACARS. Should I have done that or refused the flight? Anyhoo, I took off after refueling and completed the flight without FSACARS. What's the general rule of thumb in this situation? ???

Oh yeah, I didn't see the DHC-5 Buffalo in FSACARS or on Squawkbox either. What's up with that? ???

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:36 pm 

Luckily I noticed this the other day BEFORE I took off (thanks to my FMC shouting at me). I just shut down FSACARS, fueled up and restarted.

Now, I'll just have to change my start of flight routine to make sure I fuel before starting up FSACARS.

The old version did not seem to have this restriction - the new one does!

The onyl thing likely to catch out the unwary is that it does nto stop you trying to fuel up - it just resets the fuel to the original level once you leave the fuel load page - so if you are not checking, you may end up under the mis-apprehension that you have enough fuel!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]