It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:35 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:36 am 

Going through the tutorial (nice job, by the way!), I noticed it said nothing about going online. I heard it works regardless of us being online or not, so do we just do everything as normal and start FSACARS anytime (once the brakes are set), either before or after we go online and send in our FP etc?

(BTW, we need an acronym for FSACARS even though it's already an acronym! It's too d*#m long! :D )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:49 am 
Site Admin

FSAcars is a completely separate program that could care less if you fly online or not. Feel free to fill it out when ever you have time during your flight preparations. The only real need is that you have FS running and are sitting at your departure airport with your parking brake on.

Sounds like you are on the right track. I suggest flying a short test hop, not on Vatsim just to get a feel for it.

Hope this helps,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:07 am 
Site Admin

cva3906 wrote:
FSAcars is a completely separate program that could care less if you fly online or not. Feel free to fill it out when ever you have time during your flight preparations. The only real need is that you have FS running and are sitting at your departure airport with your parking brake on.

Sounds like you are on the right track. I suggest flying a short test hop, not on Vatsim just to get a feel for it.

Hope this helps,

This is also a very good thing for new pilots who love the idea of being part of the VA but are "not quite ready" to fly online just yet but want to get their stats / log their hours.

As Chuck mentions...you do not have to choose to be online on Vatsim when you setup your FSAcars flight plan. You can fly offline but your stats will be recorded.

AND....Not only that....but you can check your flight progress online from the main CVA website page as you will show up on the Google Map with FSAcars running.

Cheers!

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:49 pm 

Great! Now I can do those back course touch-and-goes myself in CYOW without worrying about making embarrasing mistakes!

So where does one see one's overall stats now? I notice the PIREPS page has been replaced by the FSACARS page. Still to come?

thanks for all the great work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

To see your stats go to Flight ops/click Toronto/ Click roster. There you will see the members. There you can click the name of the pilot (drill down), and a detailed list of all the flights for the pilot. Now what is cool you can click on any of the flights in the list and the flight report will be displayed so everybody will know how you flew and at what speeds. :D
Drill down on an Active members name for the results. Everyone else is new and have no posted any flight logs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Rob, go to the Flight Ops link and select your Hub. From there, you should see a link for your Hub Roster. You are on the roster and if you click on your name...you will see!

Or you can just click here. :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:33 pm 

Chuck - you're spoiling us. Next you'll be offering to do our flights for us. Hmmmmm. Would you mind? I 've been a little busy lately. :laugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:54 pm 

Just completed a flight - didn't show on the FSACARS map on the main page while flying.

Note to everyone - FSACARS reports EVERYTHING! make sure you're wearing something under your pilot's uniform when you fly, because it seems to know that too. You cannot hide. :laugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:59 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Rob, double check any firewall programs you may have. If you are running a firewall, FSAcars will need an exception to automatically transmit to the database.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:51 pm 
Site Admin

2 items I want to add

You need to make sure that the Aircraft Typr is select properly.

Also need to enter the Flight IATA = Flight number from the flight schedual. If you are flying a Multi enter MULTI or CHART for charter

This will keep the info in the roster correct

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:06 pm 

CVA9214 wrote:
Also need to enter the Flight IATA = Flight number from the flight schedual. If you are flying a Multi enter MULTI or CHART for charter

Frank - the IATA Flight number from the schedule? What if it's not part of the schedule?

Besides, this is about showing up in the CVA home page FSACARS map, right? The logging function for hours in the roster worked perfectly the first time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:26 pm 
Site Admin

Actually, the generic map that came with the fsacars package requires the IATA flight number to show up. I do not think that the Google map version needs this.

Rob, if your firewall is not the issue, email me your fsacars ini file from your hard drive. I will look it over and fire it right back to you.

cdickey63@gmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:13 pm 
Site Admin

Rob Vanderkam wrote:
CVA9214 wrote:

What if it's not part of the schedule?

enter "OTHER"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:28 pm 
Site Admin

cva3906 wrote:
Actually, the generic map that came with the fsacars package requires the IATA flight number to show up. I do not think that the Google map version needs this.

Rob, if your firewall is not the issue, email me your fsacars ini file from your hard drive. I will look it over and fire it right back to you.

cdickey63@gmail.com

Actually, I think you still must put in the IATA number (MULTI, OTHER, or an actual flight schedule number) from the schedule in order to show up on the map - period.

Try again Rob and you will hopefully see you online then.

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:48 pm 
Site Admin

You are indeed correct, IATA must still be entered for the pilot to appear on the map. Just completed a quick test.

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ]