It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:00 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:08 am 

So what is the process to pause fsacars and resuming at a later time. I would like to fly a long flight and pause or stop half way and start again later on. So what do I need to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:17 am 
Site Admin

You can not pause this Wayne. Write down data "ie fuel and time", then enter a manual pirep.

Edited By CVA9214 on 1267402678

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:21 am 

lol! I see a lecture from the head dog/big cheese in somebodies future!
You'll have to elaborate on "pause" if you just need to step out of the cockpit for a moment or so pausing Flight Simulator (at least FSX) should do the trick. Anything longer than that though I'm not sure. Although I'm sure it will draw attention (if not wrath) from hd/bc

+Portland City,2S1,CEN4,CEJ4,KHQM,7WA3,CBB7,KPDX
G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:25 am 
Site Admin

If you mean to actually pause Flight Simulator and come back to it later without closing it, FSAcars will happily sit in the task bar waiting for your flight to resume. I have started flights and paused them for over a day. They logged just fine. Just leave FSAcars running and all will be fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:44 am 

Just make sure to disconnect from VATSIM while you take your break (if it's long).

Or advise ATC if it's short and you are in controlled airspace (it had better be real short).

Edited By CVA0014 on 1267418744

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:55 pm 
Site Admin

CVA0319 wrote:
lol! I see a lecture from the head dog/big cheese in somebodies future!
You'll have to elaborate on "pause" if you just need to step out of the cockpit for a moment or so pausing Flight Simulator (at least FSX) should do the trick. Anything longer than that though I'm not sure. Although I'm sure it will draw attention (if not wrath) from hd/bc

Hey Wayne,

Just to clarify something here...

What we don't want is a pilot starting a flight, turning on the autopilot and letting a long flight run on it's own while you're left the cockpit for lengthy extended periods of time (i.e. - you have a 5 hour flight and you head out of the house after setting this to autopilot and disappear for 2 hours). This would be no different than the rules of Vatsim.

No problem if you are just stepping out for a drink, washroom, phone call, etc.

Otherwise - as Chuck said - you should be fine.

Cheers! :D

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:24 am 

This is exactly what I'm talking about. If it's a long flight I would like to stop the flight and fsacars and save the spot were I am then maybe the next day start from where I left off and finish the flight. I have never started a flight, went shopping and come home 2 hours later just to finish the flight. You got me all wrong, that is why I asked the question in the first place. I can see that if a guy is going to ask a question that you have to write a whole book on what your trying to do because everyone reads to much into what your trying to say. I thought it was going to be a simple question. Can you pause fsacars and finish the flight later, answer is NO. Ok so I don't do long flights, very simple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:48 am 
Site Admin

You can do long flights and pause them as long as you do not shut FS down, fsacars will sit there patiently and wait for you to resume.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:03 pm 

CVA675 wrote:
I can see that if a guy is going to ask a question that you have to write a whole book on what your trying to do because everyone reads to much into what your trying to say. I thought it was going to be a simple question. Can you pause fsacars and finish the flight later, answer is NO. Ok so I don't do long flights, very simple.

I knew this was coming! I never heard Wayne say he wanted to step away while the system was running.

"I'm innocent, I tells you!" :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:47 pm 
Site Admin

CVA675 wrote:
This is exactly what I'm talking about. If it's a long flight I would like to stop the flight and fsacars and save the spot were I am then maybe the next day start from where I left off and finish the flight. I have never started a flight, went shopping and come home 2 hours later just to finish the flight. You got me all wrong, that is why I asked the question in the first place. I can see that if a guy is going to ask a question that you have to write a whole book on what your trying to do because everyone reads to much into what your trying to say. I thought it was going to be a simple question. Can you pause fsacars and finish the flight later, answer is NO. Ok so I don't do long flights, very simple.

No worries Wayne. The answer was more so to clarify something that happened for another member previously and not so in your case. I thought you were simply asking for clarification about pausing.

Just wanted to answer both points at the same time :D

Cheers! :thumbsup:

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:43 pm 

On this topic, does anyone know if I can change my FSX settings while I'm flying without affecting FSAcars? I know I changed the time once, which is an obvious no-no, but what about basic FSX menu items? Like changing scenery settings or views? I don't dare try it and ruin a perfectly good flight.

I have the pause-on-switch button off, but as far as I know that doesn't help with VATSIM, for example. So I'm wondering about FSAcars too.

EDIT - I don't mean for changing views, which doesn't affect anything.

Edited By Rob Vanderkam on 1268599975

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]