It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:56 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:58 am 

Hi guys,
The knob, I mean Newbie is curious, the CVA_handbook FAQ section says that that hours will be processed by hub captain immediately but I filed one for flight 1023 (PAKT-CYPR) about 15-20 minutes ago and it isn't showing up one would think that since CVA reported revenues of over 200 million this month that they wouldn't be so tight parting with the measly 6 bucks they are paying junior flight officers? :D
Gary

+Portland City,2S1,CEN4,CEJ4,KHQM,7WA3,CBB7,KPDX
G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:06 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Define "Immediately"

Bout three weeks next Tuesday....give or take a month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:21 am 
Site Admin

CVA0319 wrote:
Hi guys,
The knob, I mean Newbie is curious, the CVA_handbook FAQ section says that that hours will be processed by hub captain immediately but I filed one for flight 1023 (PAKT-CYPR) about 15-20 minutes ago and it isn't showing up one would think that since CVA reported revenues of over 200 million this month that they wouldn't be so tight parting with the measly 6 bucks they are paying junior flight officers? :D
Gary

As soon as one of the admins get around to it (usually within a day). The FAQ requires updating (I Know I know...I'm getting to it....)

Cheers! :thumbsup:

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:13 pm 
Site Admin

Actually, after I gave my "tongue in cheek" reply, I went to look into your pirep. For some reason, I was unable to locate it in the pending pireps. I did get a notification that pilot CVA319 had flown flight CVA1023 from PAKT to CYPR using aircraft 13 with a flight time of 33 minutes using FSAcars but for some reason, the flight was not listed in the database.

I would have to double check the database, but I believe aircraft 13 is the B350. If you would like to submit a manual pirep, I will ensure it gets approved as soon as I am able.

Ever pirep that is submitted sits in a pending state until someone from management has time to give it a quick look over for possible errors. There are anywhere from 20 to 40 pireps a day and some days there can be quite a few with errors that need to be manually corrected. I have seen it take over 20 minutes to go through the pireps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:57 pm 

Hi again guys,
First thing I'd like to clear up is my choice for the post's title, being new to the group I was just trying (nervously) to break the ice in unfamiliar waters. My first impression after sending the log was "uh-oh must be a glitch or I did something wrong" and the post was just a new inexperienced user trying to seek guidance. I hope I didn't come across any other way than that at least it wasn't my intention to appear any other way.
As soon as I hit "send log" I knew something wasn't quite right and seeing "immediately" in the manual was only make me believe so even more.
As far as how long it takes to submit, I'm fine with whatever it takes. :) heck I'm not even a stickler on losing a few in the system (no system is flawless)
As for the CVA1023 flight report I'll mention this just in case it aids in any troubleshooting effort when I hit send and closed out the app I went to the site to see if everything went in ok, it didn't and I also noticed that it caused the flight bid to disappear from my pilot center page. Don't know if that means anything from an administrator's point but I mention it in case it does.
As for CVA1023 I'll just look for it again in the flight schedule page and refly it :) practice makes perfect.
Gary

G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:26 pm 
Site Admin

CVA0319 wrote:
Hi again guys,
First thing I'd like to clear up is my choice for the post's title, being new to the group I was just trying (nervously) to break the ice in unfamiliar waters. My first impression after sending the log was "uh-oh must be a glitch or I did something wrong" and the post was just a new inexperienced user trying to seek guidance. I hope I didn't come across any other way than that at least it wasn't my intention to appear any other way.
As soon as I hit "send log" I knew something wasn't quite right and seeing "immediately" in the manual was only make me believe so even more.
As far as how long it takes to submit, I'm fine with whatever it takes. :) heck I'm not even a stickler on losing a few in the system (no system is flawless)
As for the CVA1023 flight report I'll mention this just in case it aids in any troubleshooting effort when I hit send and closed out the app I went to the site to see if everything went in ok, it didn't and I also noticed that it caused the flight bid to disappear from my pilot center page. Don't know if that means anything from an administrator's point but I mention it in case it does.
As for CVA1023 I'll just look for it again in the flight schedule page and refly it :) practice makes perfect.
Gary

Hey Gary!

Sorry I missed a few notes there and nope you were not misunderstood. Most guys reply "tongue n' cheek" so to speak :)

Welcome Aboard here at CVA! You'll find pretty much every member here very open and willing to help you out when and where you need it so no worries about asking questions. We've got many guys onboard who are from newbies to experts on Flight Sim, to Real World pilots. We have all shapes and sizes here and we're still growing because of members like you!

CVA is a pretty relaxed VA with some structure behind it to keep things in order but all of us are an easy going group :D

Tell us a little more about yourself, where your located as you never know if there is a CVA member somewhere near by you!

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Edited By CVA7769 on 1260037600

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:09 am 

CVA0319 wrote:
Hi again guys,
Gary

Hi Gary,

As Darryl said , Welcome to <span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>[color=blue]<span style='font-family:georgia'>Canadian Virtual Airlines</span>
</span>. Great to have you on staff.

In response to your question about your flight bid dissappearing from your pilot center after you have filed it , yes that is normal for it to dissappear from there. I guess that means that it went into the pending PIREPS and is awaiting to be accepted by one of the <span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:georgia'>CVA Management</span></span> staff , and it now is making room for you to put your next bid in there.

As far as your flight " CVA1023 " is concerned , there is something odd going on with that one , and we have our top PIREP guru :D (<span style='font-size:7.8pt;line-height:100%'>Chuck Dickey CVA3906</span>) looking into that as we speak. Hopefully he can solve that for you and he will no doubt be in touch with you soon , if he hasn't already done so. Chuck is one busy dude so please bear with him.

As Chuck mentioned, if you wish to file a manual PIREP for that flight you could do so. If you need help with that or anything else feel free to ask here or via e-mail.

Your patience is appreciated and we hope you enjoy all your flights here at <span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:georgia'>Canadian Virtual Airlines</span></span>.

:cool: <span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:georgia'>CHEERS !</span></span> :cool:[/color]

Edited By Marty CVA1974 on 1260062283

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:36 pm 

CVA7769 wrote:
Tell us a little more about yourself, where your located as you never know if there is a CVA member somewhere near by you!

Hey Darryl
Not much to say here. I'm in Edmonton. I tried to post a few snapshots in the gallery but I don't think they made it for some reason ( I don't seem to be having much luck in sending things to CVA) but I'm sure I'll get it worked out :)
A little about myself? well last night I succeeded in linking FSX's ATC on my "b" computer to a session of Free Flight" on my "a" computer pretty neat I was able to switch the landing and nav lights and stuff on and off on "a" and watch them react in the tower view of ATC on computer "b" (ok not exactly 747 pilot material but I get amused easily :)
If anyone see's this message can you confirm for me if those pictures made it?
Gary

G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:13 pm 

Marty CVA1974 wrote:
Hi Gary,

As Darryl said , Welcome to <span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:georgia'>Canadian Virtual Airlines</span></span>. Great to have you on staff.

In response to your question about your flight bid dissappearing from your pilot center after you have filed it , yes that is normal for it to dissappear from there. I guess that means that it went into the pending PIREPS and is awaiting to be accepted by one of the <span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:georgia'>CVA Management</span></span> staff , and it now is making room for you to put your next bid in there.

Hi Marty
Thanks for the "onboard welcome" :) and the info on PIREPS
I must say CVA does appear to be the "Friendly Airline" and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Gary

G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:42 pm 

...and I'd say your level of self-amusement looks just about right for our band of virtual and real-world pilots.

Welcome to CVA.

By the way, you mentioned posting snapshots. I'm not sure what you read re instructions, but you have to use a URL pointing to your photos that are stored in an outside web site like photobucket.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]