It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 pm

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:39 pm 

Hello , I am a new member of CVA and this is my first posting to the forum.

I would someone tp please explain to me what FSAcars is. My understanding is that it is a program (?) that I need to file a flight plan when flying with CVA.

I have downloaded the following files:
CVAplanes ; CVA_config ; and CVA (Configuration Settings), but having checked my computer program files I don't see any folder where I am supposed to copy these files into.

Any help//advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance ,

Clay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:54 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to CVA Clay
FSACARS is a program that you run to log your hours with CVA. Download and install the program in
Pilot Center/ view download / utilities
then install the files CVAplanes ; CVA_config
start up your flight with parking brakes on and then start FSACARS, after your flight apply park brakes and stop log and then send it in using the FSACARS program
Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:20 pm 

Clay,
I was a bit confused as well. Have you downloaded FSACARS from the Pilot Center under View Downloads? This creates the initial fsacars folder under Program Files folder. Until you do this, you have nowhere to drop/update these additional CVA palnes and the CVA.ini file.

Good luck,
Craig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:42 pm 

Craig is correct Clay !

You must first download and install FSACARS as Frank pointed out. It will create an FSACARS icon on your desktop.

THEN you must download [color=purple]FSACARS Config
and CVA Planes textfile to somewhere on your harddrive where you know where to find them.

Then you must go to where you have put them and unzip them both because they won't work if they are still in the zipped folder.

After unzipping these folders you will have a "
CVA.ini (Configuration Settings)" icon , and a " CVAplanes.txt (Text Document)" icon.

Next you just browse to your fsacars folder (explore/program files/fsacars )and drop (or copy and paste) these two files into your fsacars folder. As you do this you should get a window asking you to overwrite an existing file. Answer YES to both of them.

Once you get this far, you should be ready to log a flight.

Before flying on line, go to your " Pilot Center" and then " View Flight Schedules ". Here you must find a flight you wish to fly and the click "Add to Bid".

Then you are ready to start FS , and get all connected on line if you wish. Then double click the FSACARS icon on your desktop (wait a sec) and select " CVA - Canadian Virtual Airlines and "Choose Selected Company" in the little window that opens up.

Now , you can see the FSAcars screen. On the right select the " Flight from VA " button. Wait until the "Start Log" button is greyed out or dissapears or until you see your info for the flight is all automatically filled in. Then , select your aircraft in the drop down.

After this , just go ahead and fly your flight. DO NOT close FSAcars down until your flight has finished. When your flight is all finished and you do close FSAcars down , then you must open it up again and this time when it asks " Plane at Departure Airport " click NO. It will then revert to log sent screen , then click "Send Log ".

EASY EH ?? :D

Let us know how you make out !

:cool:[/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:16 am 

Hi Again,

Thanks guys, it now appears that I "may" have installed the FSAcars program , correctly , however when I tried to give it a test run this is what I ran into.

I was checking out the flight schedules and when I selected the the "Click to view NOTAMS" for both the Departure and Arrival sections I received this warning:

There is a problem with this website's security certificate. The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority. Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU CLOSE THIS WEBSITE AND DO NOT CONTINUE TO THIS WEBSITE !!

Just what does all this mean?? I would like to believe that your website is safe to use or is this an issue with a website linked to CVA ?

Clay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:44 am 

Yes Clay,

I get the same thing as well and I alway do whenever I click that "[color=blue]Click to view NOTAMS
" thingy. I think everybody gets the same thing.

Obviously , there is just no active website for that link to connect to (yet), so for now just ignore that. That part is still under construction. I think it's just an automatic window that appears when it is clicked.

For now , there is nothing there that would interfere with FSacars, or your flight log, or your flight.

Perhaps, someday into the future there will be some useful information there. It just hasn't happened as of yet.

Not to worry sir ! Yes , the <span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:georgia'>CVA</span></span> website is safe.

Just go ahead and fly , or join in one of the multi flights and connect to private voice, as a lot of helpful information can be obtained from your fellow <span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:georgia'>CVA</span></span>'ers.

:cool:
<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:georgia'>CHEERS !</span></span>
.[/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:51 am 

Thanks, Marty , was just checking. I finally got a CVA plane downloaded and was able to fly the B1900D.

However when I attempt to download and install other CVA planes , i.e. the DHC6 I get the following message:

ERROR - FS9

Incompatible aircraft
File: FSSound.dll

I have a lot to learn about downloading and installing files and/or folders , especially into FS2004, so whenever I get warnings such as these I sort of back away from the application. Any idea what this particular message would mean in regard to the installation of the CVA_DHC6_9 file ?

Thanks again for any advice and information anyone has to offer.

Clay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:50 am 

Clay,

Before you click install, you must first click the little " browse" button , then make sure you are sending it to FS9.

Make sure you are installing it into ;

[color=black] C :/ program files/microsoft games/ FS9

That's the part you are missing there.

Good luck !

:cool:[/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:33 am 

Clay
Find fs9.cfg & open it in Notepad. Add this entry (it doesn't really matter where providing it's a new entry) & exit Notepad saving changes.

[OLDMODULES]
fssound.dll=1

Edited By CVA303 on 1246325652

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:34 am 
Site Admin

Sorry for the problems you are having Clay. Since I have the [OldModules] fix already in my config file, that issue slipped by me. I will look into this tonight to see what can be done to remedy that.

As Bill said, adding those lines to your config file will solve your problem and no harm should result from this. The old modules workaround has been with us for quite some time.

If there needs to be an update of the aircraft package, I will see to it.

Cheers,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:20 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Clay,

Just an update for you. I looked over the DHC-6 and the FSSound.dll is not in that package. Is it possible you installed another aircraft that might have had it? If it is something in our fleet, I'd like to find it so I can either find another alternative or at least add a readme file to tell the user how to add the old modules entry.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:52 pm 

Why is it some pilots get VATSIM entries in the FSacars logs?

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:53 pm 

Robert, what do you mean? Is it because I select the online VATSIM option before I start logging on FSacars?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:50 am 

I don't know Rob, I usually select VATSIM/TEXT myself. I noticed earlier that you have VATSIM entries in your FSacars flights that I don't have, wondering if I'm missing something.

EDIT: Entries like these:

19:56 VATSIM:CYYZ 261900Z 36017KT 15SM FEW039 FEW120 SCT240 22/13 A3005 RMK CU2AC1CI1 CI TR SLP174
19:56 VATSIM:KATL 261852Z 14008KT 10SM FEW040TCU SCT050 SCT250 31/20 A3011 RMK AO2 SLP183 TCU W-NW-N

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:07 am 
Site Admin

I believe that is from flying online and having Vatsim weather enabled in either Squawkbox or FSInn. It is definitely a Metar report from the Vatsim servers though.

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next