It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:56 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:45 am 

What does FSCACARS do when you hit 'Accept Flight' after landing?

Whenever I do this, Windows trys to install something with Windows Installer, which then fails because there is a missing .msi(?) file...A common issue I have since installing a new hard drive.

I can still send the log, and it is accepted by the system, so it is more of an annoyance that a problem - but if I knew what it was trying to install/upgrade, then I might be able to fix it (something I have got used to since the upgrade, as my OS lost track of a whole pile of things when I copied my hard drive to a new one..)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:46 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Richard,

FSAcars is not trying to install anything but rather to access a webpage on the CVA website to submit the log information. Not sure what is happening on your computer....

Cheers!

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:01 am 
Site Admin

That's true Richard, check your device manager and see if all your hardware is installed correctly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:48 pm 

OK, thanks. Now I know what it is trying to do, that will help find the pesky piece of software.
Moral of the story is when upgrading a hard drive, don't just copy the disk over....I had to spend a few hours to get microsoft updates working again, still have not got adobe upgradeds working. Issue is my computer has lost track of all the old install files it uses to do an upgrade. Each one I have to go in and play with the registry to calm it down. Oh the fun.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:20 pm 

After completion of the flight, I get a small box (without the form) asking acceptance of the flight or not, I click 'yes' to accept and the box goes away, gives me no log to send, the FSACARS icon brings up a small box that indicates the program 'is running' and that's all. Must be a step or many I'm not doing correctly.

Thanks,

Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:25 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Tom, check out the FSAcars FAQ PDF. After accepting the flight, you click on the Flight Log tab top left side. From there, you will see the Send Log button on the right hand side. Just click it and accept the default entries and you are done! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:29 pm 

Greetings,

FSAcars is a nice touch

I tried it for the first time this afternoon, and it sent the information twice to the roster page. I must have hit the button twice. I will take a bit slower next time. So could someone delete one of the flights and correct the date... I didn't notice it was wrong when I began the flight.

Thanks,
Pat
CVA2002

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:19 pm 
Site Admin

Strange Patrick, it should not of taken your log twice and the fact that it still list you inactive after logging your flight is anotheer strange thing that I will bring to Darryl's attention.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:15 am 

Thanks Chuck, My problem is that I never got the FSACARS form/plan to come up at my destination, (which has the acceptance/refusal box overwritten on it). At parking-brake point the program only generated a small 'acceptance/refusal' box. When I accepted, it disappeared, there was nothing else and no log was recorded. So I will re-trace my steps, I'm sure that where the problem is.

Thanks for your advice,

Tom
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:00 am 
Site Admin

Hey Tom, you might want to disable the Minimizes to Systray feature. This will mean that it will show as a minimized application on your lower taskbar, but it should pop up from there. I had this same issue with my old computer and that was the easiest way to fix it.

As far as your flight(s) that you have already done, just start FSAcars without file sim running and it will give you a send log only option. You "should" be able to submit any logs that have not been submitted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:35 am 

Hi Frank,
Thank you for your comments.
The program is still acting strange when I go to file the flight.
It gives me some kind of data error problem, and gives me the opportunity to send the data again.
I am refraining from doing that, because it seems to be correct on the roster page anyway. I just close the program at that point.

Pat
CVA2002

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:37 am 

Chuck, I did that on this last flight and everything worked out fine on completion. I had it minimized before on the first flight but at break point may have hit the desktop icon by mistake and started a second app. since I was not on 'auto start/stop'. It informed that it was already running and put me on the merry-go-round until I shut the duplicate off. I'll try and log my earlier flight.

Thanks again for your help,

Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:47 am 
Site Admin

Patrick, I have sent you an email requesting some files from you for troubleshooting, please email me back when you have the opportunity.

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]