It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:58 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:19 am 

Someone said they watched me on FSACARS on a recent flight. I tried to watch myself on a short flight tonight and noticed that it does not seem to update itself. After waiting about 5 minutes, I hit the refresh button on IE (then had to re-zoom back in! ??? ) to see if I'd moved. I had (as I well knew! :;): ).

Recent flights were online. Is it supposed to refresh regularly? Often?

Should the aircraft icon be pointing in the right direction?

I guess I'm used to ServInfo and expect the same.

Don't go out of your way to fix it - I'm just wondering if it's doing what it's supposed to. I know that hopefully eventually it will show the entire flight line as some programs do with Google Earth now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:55 am 
Site Admin

Rob Vanderkam wrote:
Someone said they watched me on FSACARS on a recent flight. I tried to watch myself on a short flight tonight and noticed that it does not seem to update itself. After waiting about 5 minutes, I hit the refresh button on IE (then had to re-zoom back in! ??? ) to see if I'd moved. I had (as I well knew! :;): ).

Recent flights were online. Is it supposed to refresh regularly? Often?

Should the aircraft icon be pointing in the right direction?

I guess I'm used to ServInfo and expect the same.

Don't go out of your way to fix it - I'm just wondering if it's doing what it's supposed to. I know that hopefully eventually it will show the entire flight line as some programs do with Google Earth now.

Hey Rob,

These are things to come in the future hopefully....

1) Plotting your actual direction of aircraft
2) Plotting your actual flight route already completed from start to current position

The auto refresh typically happens I think every 2 or 5 minutes (can't remember what we set it to in the google map). Unfortunately yes, you have to zoom back in again as it does not remember your last zoomed in position. Might be something I will look at in the future but let me tell ya Google Map programming is a might bit challenging to say the least!

Cheers!

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:04 am 
Site Admin

The data from FSacars is sent to the database every two minutes unless your flight status changes. By that I mean when you change from parked to taxiing to take-off to cruise to descending...etc. When there is an event change, it send it immediately and then goes back to the two minute send rate.

It is unfortunate, but FSacars doesn't send heading info with this data. If it did, it would be dirt simple to point the aircraft in the proper heading. It will take a great deal of code work and tom foolery to get that one sorted out.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]