It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:09 pm

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:07 pm 
Site Admin

cva3906 wrote:
Quote:
Like I dont have the "FLIGHT FROM VA" button

You will not have the FLIGHT FROM VA button until you place the CVA.ini file that you downloaded from your Pilot Center into your FSAcars folder.

ANd - I believe that the Flight From VA button will not show up unless you actually choose a flight from the website (using the Flight Bidding as mentioned in the guide).

Bottom line - you need FSUIPC installed which as Frank mentioned is free when you install it without registering. Without it, nothing will work.

I am also using Vista (Ultimate Edition - 64 bit install) and mine works fine. We may just need to get the rest sorted out first.

Drop me another email offline if needed and we can go from there.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:52 pm 

thank you gusy very much i will try my best, and i have to say you guys really made an amazing website of mature and very respectful members thanks alot, is their anyway i can donate money??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:10 pm 

when i installed FSUIPC when it asks me for a regestration code wat do i do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:24 pm 
Site Admin

Ignore the registration pop up. It will install as a freeware version with some of the advanced features disabled. Just click whatever looks right to get past it. I am at work or I would download it and try to install to refresh my memory.

The freeware version provides all that FSAcars requires.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:35 pm 

So when you get home could you try it and tell me how to do it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:40 pm 
Site Admin

The installer will pop up a window cllick OK where it says "Just install new registration" the the next window pick cancel on the registration window.
Star FS and FS will give you awarning popup and all you have to do is click "RUN".
thats it then FSUIPC should wrok for FSACARS.

also we do not accept doantions we are just here to have fun and build new relationship with our hobby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:48 am 

After god knows how long of not flying I have decided as well to jump into this FSacars thingy.. I have followed all the instructions that have been mentioned but I am having problems with that FS crash message too.

Any advise?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:29 am 
Site Admin

My first guess would be to install FSUIPC. Without it, FSAcars is blind and cannot see FS therefore it thinks FS has crashed. If FSUIPC is installed...then I am not too sure why this would be happening. ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:22 am 

I did install that too... i beleive its the latest release from June of this year. I'm stumped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:51 am 

I'm no expert ... I have the same problem but if I open it by right-clicking on the FSacars icon and "Run as Administrator" it works for me.

Give it a shot and let me know if it works.

Thx,
Craig G
CVA0049

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:13 am 

CVA7769 wrote:
cva3906 wrote:
Quote:
Like I dont have the "FLIGHT FROM VA" button

You will not have the FLIGHT FROM VA button until you place the CVA.ini file that you downloaded from your Pilot Center into your FSAcars folder.

ANd - I believe that the Flight From VA button will not show up unless you actually choose a flight from the website (using the Flight Bidding as mentioned in the guide).

Bottom line - you need FSUIPC installed which as Frank mentioned is free when you install it without registering. Without it, nothing will work.

I am also using Vista (Ultimate Edition - 64 bit install) and mine works fine. We may just need to get the rest sorted out first.

Drop me another email offline if needed and we can go from there.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

I too just installed FSACars on my FSX/Vista PC. Now I copied all the files from my FS9/FS2004 PC where FSACars works perfectly. I also had no "Flight from VA" button in the FSX/Vista setup. The CVA.ini is in the FSACars folder and I have two flights that I have bid on, but still had no button.

The (My) solution was to right click on the FSACars icon and select the "Run as administrator" option, the "Flight from VA" button then appeared.

A little more research has revealed that an application can be given admin status by following the following procedure:

Right-click an application icon that is likely to require a full administrator access, but has not been marked as such.

Click Properties, and then click the Compatibility tab.

Under Privilege Level, select the Run this program as an administrator check box, and then click OK.

Somewhere in the world it is always "beer o'clock"!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:46 am 

That seems to be what worked for me too. Ahhh, the joys of vista. thanks for the suggestions guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:02 am 
Site Admin

Brett CVA752 wrote:
That seems to be what worked for me too. Ahhh, the joys of vista. thanks for the suggestions guys.

Don't worry....WIndows 7 will be out October 22nd and will solve most of your Vista issues :D

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:50 am 

Thats did it thanks, stupid vista. :angry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:26 pm 

YEa well I downloard the FSAcars and instaled it and wene into the file and added the pilot number downloaded the new CVA.ini file and installed it and I don't see the button from VA either done this a couple of times what am I doing wrong??
Ok now I have it had to re copy and paste the CVA.ini file the second time and bngo there it was .
Ok problem solved
Thanks everyone

While you can

Burt Dykeman

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next