It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:43 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:05 am 

First off let me say hi to all cva members, I am back. I have been gone for quite some time, and am flying again. Now for the problem I 've been having. I don't have any firewall or antivirus running so we can get that out of the way. I have logged a few flights with fsacars successfully. But lately I get an error sending log, database error message. I start with parking breaks on, do all the flight planning stuff and get ready to go. I grab the bid from the VA site, no problem. The time is correct and all the info seems to be correct. Once I start to move fsacars goes to the systray and away we go. Once I arrive at my destination and go to parking, I set my parking breaks again. The window to accept the flight pops up. The I go to flight log, all seems to be good here too. I click on send log, and the windows with my call sign pops up and I click ok. Next window (browser) pops up, I have a date and time from the multi I did on the 6 of Dec that shows in the window ( I just noticed that right now) with a blank white screen below. If I click ok to send the log, this is when I get a window that pops up saying (error sending log data base error) and nothing is sent. If I go back to flight log all the data is gone so I have to file manually. Like I said I didn’t notice till just now about the date and time in the browser window and the upper corner date and time of flight is from the multi night. I don’t know where it’s getting the data from. This is probably why the send log is not working. So did any of you have this problem and how do I fix it. Thanks guys for your help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:06 am 

By George I think I have it figured out. I looked in the fsacars folder and fold a few text files. The was one called cvacva0318.dat This one had the data I was always seeing. I don't know why it has cva twice on the front of it. Anyway I just renamed it. Took another short hop and sent in another log. It went through, so I did several more and they all worked. So I think I might as well just delete that file. I found another glitch but I can live with that. If you have several bids ready to go and you finish one and send it in, you can't call up the next one. The time will not update, so I have to exit fsacars and load it back up again. Others must have this same problem. Anyway I am happier now that I have found my first problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:45 am 
Site Admin

If you have found cvacva it usually means that you typed cva in the fsacars form at some point. If it asks for your pilot number, it is just that. I think at some point you may have edited it and it saved somehow. If you have anymore difficulties with it, just download your ini file from your pilot center and copy over the old one.

You are correct that you have to exit fsacars and restart it. Exiting fsacars flushes out the data from the previous submitted flight and gets it ready to start a new flight.

Glad to see you got it working! :)

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]