It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:38 am

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:36 pm 

Well FSAcars has started to act up again... I am not showing up on the map, It will start recording the flight and seem to be working once I land parking break all that good stuff and send the file in it will tell me it was sent and then won't show up online, I then go into the log file and nothing was saved...

Any ways I am just starting to get annoyed with this program.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:49 pm 

I don't show up on the map either, but everything else seems to be working alright. My flights appear to be logging fine. I think my hours are ok, I haven't really checked on them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:32 pm 
Site Admin

Very interesting. I looked at the map and I saw you there. I then went onto the website and flushed the data out for the flights to make sure that you being on the map was fresh data and you magically re-appeared.

As of right this minute, it does appear to be working. Did you have any flights that did not get recorded to the site?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:26 pm 

Alright again... I just sent in a log after a complete flight from Cancun to CYHZ and every thing wen't well I was on the online map, it was recording, every thing seemed fined. I just parked my plane and sent in the log and what a flight from like 6 days ago was sent in... from KMIA-CYWG...

Any ways what is going on here?

Update: So I just restarted FSAcars and sent in a blank log and it sent in my log from Cancun to CYHZ so I am alright now on my logs I believe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:34 am 

Before you took off out of Cancun are you sure you had your "park brakes " ON , before you opened FSacars ?

Then after you landed at CYHZ and after you got parked on the tarmac , are you sure that you "APPLIED" your park brakes before closing FSacars ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:26 am 

Also, I believe that you can accumulate logs in fsacars and send them at a later date.
You keep pressing "Send Log" until all have been sent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:45 pm 

Yes the parking brakes where on before I opened FSAcars and I do send every file in after some get sent some don't just like some times I am on the map and some times I am not...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:57 pm 

I don't show up on the map either. I used to, but not now. don't know why, I used to?

Cheers Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:35 am 
Site Admin

I am doing a flight now to Phily and I do not show up either?
Strange ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:53 am 
Site Admin

There is a software update available...I will "try" to get it updated sometime today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:40 am 

Haven't shown up on Live Map for last 3 flights.
Fsacars records everything pertaining to the flight and log sends fine but, no see on Live Map.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:54 am 

It was the opposite for me tonight. I was on LiveMap but FSacars didn`t submit any of my reports. It logs them like usual, I send them like usual, but they didn`t make it to the site tonight. I had to manually submit all of them.

The weird thing is that they get removed from the bid once complete, and FSacars is cleared when I reload, it has nothing to resubmit.

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:49 am 
Site Admin

Robert what I saw was strange about you was that you where flying CYGE to CYRV but the live map was saying you where flying last weeks multi PANC to PAJN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:11 pm 
Site Admin

If I was a betting man, I be willing to wager that you forgot to release your parking brake before you lifted off. FSAcars will not start logging any air time until brake release.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:07 pm 

This is something that may affect the way that the flights are displayed in the PIREPS LIST on the CVA page.

The date and time of the flight are taken directly from the flight simulator program. I go in and set that up before every flight I do. Most of the time I do not like to fly at night, so I set it for daytime.

When you save a flight, these parimeters are also saved.

For multis I usually set up the first leg and save it.

If I continue on with other legs without resetting or restarting FS for some reason, the date parimeter does not change for any of the legs.

I start with the FS default flight with the aircraft started and certain switches on to insure that everything functions correctly in add on aircraft. I then select aircraft and airport, and date and time.

On occasion when I reset and forget to check the date and time in FS, it will revert to a previous date.

When the flight is filed in FSAcars, the wrong date is picked up from FS. The result is a filed flight that appears further down the list. The flight may be further down the list and unreadable unless you scroll down with the dropdown list. This can give the initial impression that the flight was not filed. In fact it is just not visible on the viewable portion of the list.

I suppose it is a possiblity that this could be happening to others who might be unaware.

This actually happened to me last night, but there was also another problem because I was not able to send one of the pireps until this morning.

Hope this helps someone.

Pat

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next