It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:22 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:17 pm 

Ok I flew from CYWG to CYiv a total of 1:22 block to block but when I tried to send the file it said no log for that pilot, I hve logged with FSX is there some difference with FS9 can you add my hours it was flown on line today. Thanks
I checked the FSAcars files and my pilot id 563 is in the bottom line where it is supposed to be

While you can

Burt Dykeman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:58 pm 
Site Admin

cva563 wrote:
Ok I flew from CYWG to CYiv a total of 1:22 block to block but when I tried to send the file it said no log for that pilot, I hve logged with FSX is there some difference with FS9 can you add my hours it was flown on line today. Thanks
I checked the FSAcars files and my pilot id 563 is in the bottom line where it is supposed to be

If you have not changed your setup at all then you should be fine.

The last line in the log for you should read:

PilotNumber=563

Check to make sure this is correct as some people have put CVA in there which will not work.

Also, if you have a log that was not successfully sent, the next time you do a flight it should allow you to resend that log. You may be prompted to submit the log more than once and have to click ok for each log to send. Maybe do a quick flight (1 circuit at an airport) and try again to see if the log will send properly.

Let us know how you make out and we'll go from there.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Edited By CVA7769 on 1244555933

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:20 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Burton,

I just checked the error log on the site and the last connection that we had from you was on the 4th of June in a Dash 8. When you have a moment, I would like you to go to your fsacars folder, find a file called sendlogreport.html and copy what it says.

Post the copied data in this thread and hopefully we can get to the bottom of this for you.

You didn't install any anti virus software or firewall lately, have you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:07 pm 

I flew the DC4 this afternoon on FSX and the log went fine I will resend the Dash 7 one again and see what happens. Everything seems to be ok if not will send you that thread
Thanks

While you can

Burt Dykeman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:52 pm 

Ok I am flying tonight with the gang from Marair on a private server but I did a FSAcars log from cjq9 to cybt in a BAron 58tc and I was able to send the log ok on FS9 Not sure what happened before You can delete that flight if you want since it is not a standard route, I will continue to fly FS9 and log and see what happens

While you can

Burt Dykeman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:03 am 
Site Admin

No problem and glad things are working.

FYI - As long as you are flying online and using your CVA callsign these are acceptable flights to be logged with FSAcars so no worries.

Cheers!

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:21 pm 

Ok thanks I just did a hop CYFC to CYSJ short one on FS9 and logged the flight just fine glitch in the system I guess but I see all my flights are logged now even the one that I thought didn't go , so I guess we are good.

Question though Can we fly other routes as long as we are on line doing so other than the ones listed on the web site. I like to fly the atlantic region with ATC Mondays and I like flying Cargo especially the Dash 7 great plane slow and steady :D

While you can

Burt Dykeman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:18 pm 

Ok disregard that last post that was not what I wanted to ask I have lots of routes in the Atlantic area to fly what I was wanting to know is can I fly a cargo plane on these routes like the Dash 7 or the DC4 which I am mastering daily :D The Cargo routes seem to be only out west and Ontario and north which is fine . just wondering maybe I should post this someplace else in another spot hummm..... :blush:

While you can

Burt Dykeman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:30 pm 
Site Admin

cva563 wrote:
Ok disregard that last post that was not what I wanted to ask I have lots of routes in the Atlantic area to fly what I was wanting to know is can I fly a cargo plane on these routes like the Dash 7 or the DC4 which I am mastering daily :D The Cargo routes seem to be only out west and Ontario and north which is fine . just wondering maybe I should post this someplace else in another spot hummm..... :blush:

No problem as CVA has official routes and then we have individual routes that people like to fly.

1) You can fly ANY route you want and as long as you are flying as a CVA pilot you can log those hours. CVA preferred routes are already listed on our website but not mandatory that you only fly these routes

2) You can fly any aircraft that you are currently rated for based upon your hours. With the exception of Multi's where you can fly any aircraft.

Cargo unfortunately needs an overhaul in terms of aircraft fleet, etc but yes you can use these aircraft as they are more traditional Cargo style planes.

Cheers!

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:07 pm 

CVA7769 wrote:
1) You can fly ANY route you want and as long as you are flying as a CVA pilot you can log those hours. CVA preferred routes are already listed on our website but not mandatory that you only fly these routes

That's one opint that I had never seen in the FAQs and whatnot (I might have missed it if it was mentionned).

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:28 pm 
Site Admin

I have not updated the FAQ lately but I think the actual FAQ states:

"Yes, if it’s an approved CVA flight. Approved flights include:
scheduled CVA flights (that you are eligible for), Multi Flights,
and Testing/Training flights. No exceptions."

That being said...I don't see the other flights as any different than a Multi flight as long as you are flying under the CVA colors using your CVA callsign.

Moving to the new website and tracking system may have some limitations in this regard so this may change later on. Will keep people posted as we know more.

Cheers!

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:50 pm 

Hmmmm. I'm willing to bet others will misinterpret that too. Not that it's a huge deal that people stick to CVA flights, but that text certainly seems to say only CVA scheduled flights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:04 pm 

Great thanks for all the info Gotta FLY now :D

While you can

Burt Dykeman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:15 pm 
Site Admin

cva563 wrote:
Great thanks for all the info Gotta FLY now :D

Just a quick update....

Unfortunately the new website does have some minor limitations in regards to "free flights". This cannot be done / recorded anymore as it was previously. There are a few possible workarounds:

1) File a manual pirep with your start / destination airports, flight time, etc.

2) Choose a CVA route that closely mimics the flight in terms of distance and file that route.

3) If you have a route that you really like to fly a lot and it is not listed, let us know the details and we'll try to get a route created for you.

Cheers!

CVA7769

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]