It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:25 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:13 pm 

I suggest that we have a bit of text on the Roster pages (under each hub) that says something like this:

If you don't see your name here, and you have flown with CVA under the old PIREPs system, contact King Darryl to have your hours put up here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:52 am 
Site Admin

Rob Vanderkam wrote:
I suggest that we have a bit of text on the Roster pages (under each hub) that says something like this:

If you don't see your name here, and you have flown with CVA under the old PIREPs system, contact King Darryl to have your hours put up here.

Hi Rob,

I would be willing to put up a notice on the front page under the "NEWS" section....

If people have gone to see the roster pages, chances are that they have already been to the forums to ask what is up. As I said...most pilots have not been around for a very long time and have moved on. If they have an interest in still being part of the group, they will get in touch with me directly. They know how :D

Cheers!

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:15 am 

Ok...so I noticed my name was taken off the roster. I was sent an email about the forum and I replied stating I would like to continue as a member, but I don't recall being given a notice about being taken off the roster. No big deal, as I can still fly with a CVA callsign even if my name and hours have been removed.

Does FSACARS work with Vista?

"If you don't like our beef, you should try the beaver."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:23 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Scott! I am sure that your hours have not been lost. When the move over to FSAcars was made, there were alot of pilots that had been absent fro many years. At that time, it was decided to only include those pilots that expressed an interest by contacting management.

Simply contact Darryl with your details such as name, CVA callsign, Vatsim ID, hub of choice and I am sure you will reappear along with all your hours.

As far as Vista goes, from what I understand, it does work however you may have to run it as administrator.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:18 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Scott,

I received your email but have not gotten around to replying to everyone as of yet.

Be rest assured all of your historical hours are intact as I have a copy of the old database frozen in time when we did the cutover to FSAcars.

As Chuck mentioned....we had quite a few pilots (over 2000) that were listed in our old database. Ummm...last time I checked we barely had 50 "active" members in our forum, let alone our actual pilot roster.

As we want to get things cleaned up, current, and look like we are an "active" virtual airline this was the best way to do that. We posted a message on the forums about the changeover and most people had repied. Unfortunately there were a few pilots along the way that did not get the info and so I am fixing up those people as they contact me, such as yourself.

Hope this helps explain as to the direction we were taking with the VA and that this was not intentional to upset folks. I unfortunately had 1 reply from a pilot who was very upset (although he had not been active in well over a year) and I tried explaining this to him. He has chosen to go his separate ways so I wished him well. My hopes is that others realize this is a positive step, not a negative one.

Send me your info and I will get you back on the roster and setup for FSAcars. And yes - it does work with Vista.

Cheers!

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:26 pm 

No worries...I'm not concerned about my hours as I have been fairly inactive for a long time. But every now and then I get the itch to fly and I have been checking out the FSACARS stuff and read that it wouldn't work (or let me log hours) if I wasn't on the roster.

:D

all good

"If you don't like our beef, you should try the beaver."

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]