It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:56 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: LHC's Piper Pacer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:42 am 

Has anybody tried it yet?
Great little plane, comes in Wheeled, tundra tires, floats, and tri-gear/tail dragger models. Unfortunately no skis for some reason. 3 different panels to choose from (original, new, and carbon fiber addon)
On top of that it includes 30 scenery locations in Alaska that you can use the planes ADF to find.
Neat little feature is the ability to click the windscreen for dirty, normal or clear windows. Or click the copilots seat to fill the passenger seats with cargo.
I already started playing with the paint kit but can't get pass the float model yet, though I'm going to do it in all 4 models in different themes for each one. All the specs for the package can be found here: Piper Pacer 180

Gary

+Portland City,2S1,CEN4,CEJ4,KHQM,7WA3,CBB7,KPDX
G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

Post subject: Re: LHC's Piper Pacer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:26 am 

I've got 3 more paints done, and for anyone interested will upload them when I finish documenting/packaging it all.

Tundra tires, Muddy as hell!

Later era Tri-Pacer, Clean as a whistle.

Original tail dragger, aging gracefully.

Gary

G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:03 am 

Been thinking of buy this, but now that I see a tundra bouncer I'm gonna have turn over the couch cushions for some green backs. How does she handle in the FTX bush?

CVA Prepar3D V2.4 Military and Pro Plus and Academic Pilot -- Windows 8.1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:01 pm 

CAF440 wrote:
Been thinking of buy this, but now that I see a tundra bouncer I'm gonna have turn over the couch cushions for some green backs. How does she handle in the FTX bush?

Hey Tim,
You'll like it, I bought it for the floats but other than the first few initial flights I've been playing with the Tundra bouncer mostly :)
I haven't tried any "dip the wheels in the water" landings with the tundra bouncer yet but she handles nice, taxiing is the hardest part if you don't keep your speed down she will tip on turns.
One thing to note about the Float model is that she is a true float not an amphib, therefore she has no parking brake and can't be used with CVACars unless you change the aircraft config, and I don't think it would be overly easy to do that.

TIP: volunteer to do everybody's laundry you'll be surprised how green the bottom of the washing machine can get :D

Gary

G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:27 pm 

I've had this little plane a few days now and I'm loving it. I like how it handles. It is not like the super cubs I have, where you can full flap and land on a dime at thirty knots or less. It flies more conventionally and you have to finess some to slow it down. It has nice power and easily reaches 100+ knot+ cruise. A delightful little guy to fly with lots of goodies like a windshield you can 'clean'. It's a keeper for me, and Gary I'd like to have the paints!

Barry D

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:22 pm 

CVA0190 wrote:
I've had this little plane a few days now and I'm loving it. I like how it handles. It is not like the super cubs I have, where you can full flap and land on a dime at thirty knots or less. It flies more conventionally and you have to finess some to slow it down. It has nice power and easily reaches 100+ knot+ cruise. A delightful little guy to fly with lots of goodies like a windshield you can 'clean'. It's a keeper for me, and Gary I'd like to have the paints!

Barry D

Consider them yours Barry :) If you like I can dropbox them to you. Email/PM your address or Wait a while until I figure out the best way to get all the textures in one reasonably sized package.

Gary

G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]