It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:21 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Prepar3D v.1.2 - New FSX Platform/Version
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:52 am 

For those who want to explore! I've been running this for three days now and I've never had FSX run as smooth as this thing does - with all sliders maxed.

This is an enhanced version of FSX developed by Lockheed Martin to better utilize the resources of today's processors.
You can run it without tampering with your current FSX - it is completely separate (I have it on a separate disk but that's not necessary).

Beware - it costs $10 per month - you can always just cancel it to quit.

Does not have all the bells and whistles - yet. But what is there is working super for me - i7-920 at 3.9ghz 6gb RAM GEForce 460.

Most Add-ons seem to work but may have to be installed manually. So far I am running UTX, GEX, Active Sky, ORBX PNW Demo, several Aerosoft sceneies, Carenado planes with no problems. I have no payware jets installed yet-they are still working on FSUIPC compatibility.

Some stuff just does not work yet, like the ACARS, Flight Sim Commander, and add-ons that look for running instances of FSX to work/connect - but many fixes are in the works.I got PlanG to work.

Website is at http://www.prepar3D.com. There are active forum discussions at ORBX and AVSIM.

There is a lot of buzz going on about this as being the future, especially if MS Flight does not pan out as a replacement for FSX.

All I know is that I'm loving it so far.

Anyone else trying it? Please post and let me know.

Image Image Image

Post subject: Re: Prepar3D v.1.2 - New FSX Platform/Version
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:23 pm 

Very cool..
Graphics the same? How much more performance do you get? How long until they get fsuipc working (I assume that is when all hell will break loose and everyone and their dog will start using it)? Are there any differences in drawing distance, shimmering and other fsx anomalies?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:15 am 

Graphics are better. Much nicer reflections and detail. Autogen drawing seems the same, I have not messed with all the settings though. Now that I have more scenery loaded - namely Ultimate Terrain, I'm noticing slower frame rates sometimes - to the point that they are no better than what I get in FSX. Could be that UTX is not set to run properly with this-there is no support or anything yet. So I'm reserving my final opinion on this until there is more info available about add-on compatibility.

It's still a very stable platform, never crashed it. But if my add-ons don't work or slow it up too much I'll be abandoning it, but definitely keeping in touch to see how it comes along. This is still very much in development.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:18 pm 

This has been my backup to FSX for a while. The water is amazing and you even go under :lol: I get to have fun with this program at Home and at Work (USCG) when I'm giving briefings or planning , Investigation simulations. Same program I used in Yellowknife to demonstrate to 442 and 440Sq CO's about the Casa295 and C27J and made my direct hit against the Casa and used USCG Data of our HC144 a Casa and what a waste of tax payer dollars it is. We just received three C27J's here in Dist 9 from the USAF, a gift :D But ya all of the US Armed forces traing area's and USCG is using Prepar3D v.1.2 with a few of our own mods and tweeks.

CVA Prepar3D V2.4 Military and Pro Plus and Academic Pilot -- Windows 8.1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:57 pm 

Thanks for all the great reviews, Barry. I'm glad someone has the time to play a bit. :wink:

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]