It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:43 pm

Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:04 am 

I try real hard to keep to no ATC areas for now, or low traffic if ATC is present, until I fix my hardware problems. I found that the audio settings got reset down either by Windows or FS. But setting them back up only fixed a stutter problem in LDS, I still get breaking voice at times so I really need to upgrade stuff first.

I know we can use text or voice on vatsim, I made sure to read all the rules at least once. But when the ATC message makes it a point to mention something about text pilots, you know you're asking for "some static" at the very least if you get some mental blocks at the worst possible times.

How you deal with noobs is awesome, I wished all the ATC I met had that attitude. Unfortunately I seemed to have had bad luck more than others in that area. :D I'm not worried, more hours online, experience and decent equipment will fix that.

The only time I got poor service from TO was when I was forgotten for nearly 45 minutes at the gate. I remembered the rule about not hassling ATC so I waited 30 min, and then got ignored for another 10-15 min after a new request for clearance. So I just discoed and took off until I was out of FIR and then reconnected when it was safe to do so without freaking pilots out of the sky.

I used voice at the Easter multi, I have a pic of the pyramids somewhere. For some reason I have a harder time in the States, and it isn't an accent thing either. I've played hundreds of hours online in America's Army, raced ovals and roadies online for decades, 99% of the time with our cousins from the south.

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:46 am 

30 minutes is way too long. Unless they are completely swamped with activity. You're very patient.

When they forget me from my obvious turn, or after a minute or two with nohting else going on, I usually send a line of text repeating my request. That way it doesn't disappear from their minds next time. If that doesn't get a response, I make sure to add the "CYYZ_DEL" to the front of the message the next time so it pings on their computer (just like when they text you, it pings if your name is on the front of the line of text).

Come to think of it, most ATC will say "caller with request for clearance, please hold" or something. It means you are on their agenda. Without that, I'd be trying to butt in again on voice or resending my text request for sure within a minute or two.

This isn't hassling, it's just making sure you get your fair turn.

Post subject: Re: Add-on class 4 aircraft
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:17 pm 

Very Nice, I,Like It! :lol:

Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3