It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:56 pm

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:29 pm 

Just bought and downloaded the new E-Jets Series from Feelthere/Wilco. Will post a report when I give them a good workout. I have quite a bit of reading to do, although the manual is not as extensive as some of the other payware aircraft that I have.

Cheers Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:44 pm 

Guys, I was going to write a nice big report, but thought better about it. My thoughts are - save your money, not worth it. Nice handling characteristics - pee-pee poor flight managment system. Seems like it was thrown together just to draw a buck out of the buyer. Not what I expected from this company, certainly not what I expected of a payware product. Very dissapointed. Should be noted that I have the 767, 737 and both Airbus Series from Wilco. Seems to me that quality is being compromised. Let it be noted that Navgraph does not seem to have a database update for this aircraft. Hope to see some updates shortly.

Cheers Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:33 pm 
Site Admin

You da man Bill :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:38 pm 

I might have been a bit harsh, as I was really ticked off with the FMS. For the most part, I buy payware aircraft for the FMS. The data base for this one is not up to date and there does not seem to be anyway to update it, at this point. Needless to say, there are no Sid/Stars loaded. I'm hoping to see these problems resolved and updates available at Navgraph.

Another thing, that I don't like, is the fact that you don't seem to be able to punch in a jet route and have the fms fill in all the waypoints automatically. Seems you have to input all the waypoints manually. A bit of a chore for long flights. You can, however, load saved FS flight plans directly into the FMS. I guess that is the best thing to do, at this point.
I have to admit that I am like Frank - not big on scouring through manuals for hours. The possibility exists that I could be making mistakes programing the fms, but I don't think so.

On a positive note, I have to say that this aircraft flies like a dream. Beautiful handing characteristics. I went into Halifax this morning in bad weather and the autopilot set her down perfectly on the centre line. Just had to set up the ILS app the old fashioned way.

I guess "schools still out" on this one. If the things I mentioned here get fixed, this will be a good buy. As is, I would not endorse it. I use the PIC767 and the LDS767 as my benchmark, so my expectations and standards are pretty high. I'll keep you guys informed with any developments on this one.

Cheers Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:37 am 
Site Admin

Bill Haystead wrote:
I might have been a bit harsh, as I was really ticked off with the FMS. For the most part, I buy payware aircraft for the FMS. The data base for this one is not up to date and there does not seem to be anyway to update it, at this point. Needless to say, there are no Sid/Stars loaded. I'm hoping to see these problems resolved and updates available at Navgraph.

Another thing, that I don't like, is the fact that you don't seem to be able to punch in a jet route and have the fms fill in all the waypoints automatically. Seems you have to input all the waypoints manually. A bit of a chore for long flights. You can, however, load saved FS flight plans directly into the FMS. I guess that is the best thing to do, at this point.
I have to admit that I am like Frank - not big on scouring through manuals for hours. The possibility exists that I could be making mistakes programing the fms, but I don't think so.

On a positive note, I have to say that this aircraft flies like a dream. Beautiful handing characteristics. I went into Halifax this morning in bad weather and the autopilot set her down perfectly on the centre line. Just had to set up the ILS app the old fashioned way.

I guess "schools still out" on this one. If the things I mentioned here get fixed, this will be a good buy. As is, I would not endorse it. I use the PIC767 and the LDS767 as my benchmark, so my expectations and standards are pretty high. I'll keep you guys informed with any developments on this one.

Cheers Bill

Hmmmm.....

Bill Haystead...Official CVA Aircraft Test Pilot?

:D

Edited By CVA7769 on 1217039845

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:58 am 

Boy, did I ever foul up on this one. I just realized that I had downloaded the latest airac, but had neglected to install it. Once I did that, the sid/stars appreared in the fms. Oops, my apologies to the good people at Wilco/Feelthere. I guess my test pilot tour is short lived.:) Looks like this aircraft may go from the doghouse to the top of my list of aircraft. I"ll do a few more flights and see how the fms performs, now that it is updated.

Cheers Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:21 pm 

A good test pilot would use their skill to go in and edit the old posts.... :O :laugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:14 pm 

Your probably right, Rob. In my defence, you would think that the data base, in a payware aircraft, would be somewhat up to date. At least with the downloaded version. Anyway, I've done 2 flights, using the fms, and the aircraft performed perfectly. I now thoroughly endorse the product. I think all you guys should buy it, in order for me to "save face". :D

Cheers Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:21 pm 

Just had a look at the series to see what you were talking about - sweeeeet! Looks goooooood! A nice light but modern regional jet. It said it was competition for Boeing and Airbus but I'm guessing Bombardier will be the real competition.

I assume you have to learn to fly another cockpit/panel setup, just like I had to learn everything about the LDS when I bought that. That would not be something I could convince myself easily to do, even if I watned to treat myself to this. ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:23 pm 

Bill, among others, have done a great job over the years of providing us with reviews. Finding them can be tedious even using the search engine.

I'd suggest that we create a new forum for CVA Pilot Reviews of Payware/Freeware add on Aircraft/Scenery/Utilities.

This would make finding all of the reviews a quick step.

We could eliminte the 10th Anniversary Forum to make room for this new forum.

Thoughts?

Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:56 pm 
Site Admin

cva227 wrote:
Bill, among others, have done a great job over the years of providing us with reviews. Finding them can be tedious even using the search engine.

I'd suggest that we create a new forum for CVA Pilot Reviews of Payware/Freeware add on Aircraft/Scenery/Utilities.

This would make finding all of the reviews a quick step.

We could eliminte the 10th Anniversary Forum to make room for this new forum.

Thoughts?

Michael

And with a thundering clap raining down from the blue skies above....the CVA President said...

MAKE IT SO!

....and so it has been done.

:D

Cheers!

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:16 pm 
Site Admin

Great idea Darryl, I thought it would be appropriate moving it it here. You may want to update your news page with this article.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:04 am 

All said and done, Wilco has put out the second update for EJets. The bugs seem to be worked out and I have found a couple of things that I had missed. I can now say that EJets is an absolutely fantastic product. I'm delighted with it. Highly recommend it to you guys.

Cheers Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:41 pm 

On your recommendation, I got it ...darn ..so many things to learn. But thanks for the review. :)

TC :cool:
CVA2006

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:31 pm 

Has anyone experianced problems in FSX with Active Sky X? I recently installed this program and for a time all seemed well, the weather scenarios were somewhat more challenging and fun. I was using 15 minute wx update option rather than user defined, or static. But on a run back to CYWG from Alert I started experiancing lock-up problems off and on, related to ASX, plus auto-pilot failure. The program (ASX) would eventually close itself out and I felt fortunate to complete the flights in default wx and file FSacars without losing the whole thing. The problems would arise about 30 min. into each flight. I reinstalled the program twice between stops, but to no joy. I'm flying the default B350, is this unique to FSX, or an install error on my part?

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next