It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:38 am 

I have not tried this trick yet myself, but here is the info I found on porting the PMDG 737-600/700 over to FSX. The 800/900 series do not yet work. Try it if you like, but I take no responsibility if it trashes your system! :laugh:

Tools needed: Registry repair tool for flight sim found here:

http://www.flight1software.com/files/FS_Registry_Repair.exe

if you already have FS9 installed, i would advise making a temporary place to CUT and paste the following folders and files to a temporary location.

Effects, Flights, FMCWP, Gauges, Modules, PMDG, Sound, and GuageSound.dll

if you dont have PMDG installed in FS9 you may not have all of those folders and files, but just take all that you have. It will save a HUGE transfer of unnecessary files to FSX

STEP 1) First off, make a dummy Flight sim 9 directory. It should look like this

C:Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9

STEP 2) then copy the FS9.exe from inside the FSX root directory (C:Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X) into the new FS9 directory

you made

STEP 3) Run the Registry repair tool to give FS9 registry entries to trick the computer into thinking it has a valid FS9 install

STEP 4) Install you PMDG 737 600/700 package

STEP 5) create a "SimObjects" folder inside the dummy FS9 directory. And inside that make an "Airplanes" folder. It should look like this
C:Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\SimObjects\Airplanes

STEP 6) OPTIONAL install the latest AIRAC data

STEP 7) OPTIONAL Install any liveries you want to install

STEP Cool open up the aircraft folder in the dummy FS9 and copy the entire contents and paste them inside the new airplanes folder in SimObjects

STEP 9) Delete FSUIPC from Modules folder in the dummy FS9 directory

STEP 10) Copy EVERYTHING inside the dummy FS9 directory EXCEPT the AIRCRAFT folder. You want SimObjects, Effects, Flights, FMCWP, Gauges, Modules, PMDG,

Sound, and GuageSound.dll

STEP 11) Paste the files into the root directory of your FSX, saying yes to overwrite

That’s it, now you should have it functional in FSX; it works for me close to 100%. Remember that this only seems to work with the 600-700 models, as soon as

you try to add the 800-900 it will give the FMC an error

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:37 am 

Oh jeez, guess I will change my post :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:32 am 

**EDIT**

The instructions tell you to delete FSUIPC before moving the files to FSX and this is correct. Do NOT move FSUIPC 3.xx into the FSX.

HOWEVER, you DO need FSUIPC 4.xx or higher for FSX installed in order for the aircraft to work.

I have the plane installed and working on the ground. No time to test it however, as I'm off to work for a few days again. If there are any issues, please post them here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:09 pm 
Site Admin

Well, I took the plunge and ported it over. I ran into two issues. As soon as I opened the FMC, my frame rates dropped to 3.5 and stayed there. This was with the 600 in 2D cockpit.

Secondly, it gave a C of G out of range warning on takeoff...flew ok though....except for the 3.5 frames per second.

I'll keep playing as time permits and see what I can find.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]