It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:00 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:57 pm 

Ok, just upgraded to a USB headset, which i'm very happy about! One small question -- I have worked out how to reroute the audio, so that I get just ATC in the headset, but engine noises through the main speakers. I had to do this by changing the default audio device to the speakers, and then select the headset in Squawkbox. Is there a way in FS9 to reroute part of the audio?
The issue is, when I unplug the headset and then plug back in, everything defaults back to the headset. Is there any way of setting a default the other way?
Also, the volume control on the headset then controls the speakers, not the headset volume.

Reason I do this is all my flight sim stuff is on a USB hub, so when i'm not flying I can unplug it all easily and store away from the kids. Also, if I logged into another user, all their audio was through the headset, not the speakers....

Thanks!

Rich.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:04 pm 

Hi Richard,

I use USB equipment as well (pedals, yoke, headset) and as soon as these USB devices are removed I too have to reset all the settings to make it ready for FlightSim as well. I believe this is just one of those quirks with USB... remove and forget!

How are you coming along with your USB challenges?

Cheers,
Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:51 pm 

I just don't unplug! Has been working fine for a few months. every so often I accidentally hit the volume button, and the engine noises disappear.. Sometimes the mute. Worst is the "Make an internet call" button, which boots up MSN Messenger, and then for some reaosn proceeds to log in as my daughter, and the screen then fills up with her myriad of friends saying "hello..".
I did read somewhere somethign about assigning voice to the headset within windows, but as everything works successfully right now, i'm not touching it :)

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]