It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: FSX loading
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:48 am 

Good evening to all,

I have a big problem with FSX. The last time I closed it i.e last sunday after my multi flight CYWG to KMSP the software was on
"Pilot Register" where you have awards, flight pireps and screenshots.
When I switched on this evening FSX, the open page was on "Pilot register"
So I clicked on "Free flight" as usual to get the page where you choose the aircraft, the airport departure, wheather, flight plan
etc.
I have the following message : an error has been occured
pls rerun FSX
advise this problem to FSX
send or not send the error report
I have rerun computer several times, I have always the "pilot register" on the screen and impossible to get "free flight" page and always the same message.
I have saved a "default aircraft with cold and dark" in FSX and all was working good when switchin on.
I cannot fly this evenig and that terrible !!!!!

I am not an expert in Data Processing and it is why I ask you some help from a CVA pilot who likes his Canadian Virtual Company.
Please, I am waiting for your suggestions.
Thanks
Best Regards

JC

PS: sorry if I did not choose the correct Index in the forum

Post subject: Re: FSX loading
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:22 am 

Hi JC
It sounds to me like an addon or such has been corrupted. As I'm not sure which OS you are using I can only suggest what I would do in Windows 7.
Click on the Start button and type "event log"(with out the quotes) and then when windows supplies you a list find and click on "view event logs" When the "Event Viewer" window opens, expand the tree for "Windows logs" in the left hand pane and click "Application" then scroll down the list in the top right hand pane and look for errors (they will be and exclamation mark (!) in a red circle with the word "error next to them :)
Click the first error you see (as most likely it was the last error which in your case would be for FSX)
then in the bottom right hand pane look for the message for the error and see if it says faulting application name: fsx.exe then look for the line "faulting module name" and you should see what caused your error then you will more and likely have to un install and then re-install it.
Hope this doesn't sound to greek to you :)

HTH
Gary

+Portland City,2S1,CEN4,CEJ4,KHQM,7WA3,CBB7,KPDX
G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:04 am 

You could always delete the FSX.cfg file, FSX will rebuild it, and it should start like the first start.

Image....Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:54 am 

Thanks for your help,

Gary,
I have Windows XP and I have it in French so I have to translate your infos (for exemple event log, as my Windows XP does not recognize english terms) in order to put the correct infos after the start button etc...
What does HTH stand for?

Cal,
Where can I find the FSX.cfg file ? In which folder?
I made a research by Windows XP and I found 2 files
fsx.CFG C:\Documents and SettingsUser\Desk\FSX 32ko type:text document
fsx C:\save\Documents and Settings\Jean Claude Rollé\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX 2ko type:file CFG
Is that one of these 2 files?

Best Regards

JC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:16 am 

JC
Observateur d'événements peut être «Observateur d'événements L" (à partir de google translate) pas vraiment sûr si XP at-il désolé de le dire.
Le FSX.CFG serait probablement celui de données de l'application, vous pouvez facilement vérifier en regardant les fichiers date de dernière modification dans l'explorateur Windows afin de s'assurer qu'il est celui que votre installation est écrit. (Il aura le plus récent date de modification.)
Je vais essayer de trouver Observateur d'événements L cependant en premier lieu parce que si vous laissez FSX reconstruire votre FSX.CFG vous perdrez tous vos paramètres addon autres ou même des changements à FSX vous avez faites par la reconstruction.

HTH est l'abréviation de "Hope that helps" ou "l'espoir qui aide"

l'espoir qui aide
Gary

event viewer may be "Observateur d'événements" (from google translate) not really sure if XP has it sorry to say.
The fsx.cfg would most likely be the one in application data, you can easily check by looking at the files last modified date in windows explorer to ensure that it is the one that your install is writing to. (It will have the newest modified date.)
I'd try to find Observateur d'événements first though because if you let FSX rebuild your fsx.cfg you will lose any other addon settings or even changes to FSX you have made by rebuilding it.

HTH is short for "Hope that helps"

HTH
Gary

This link may be of help to you JC:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308427

G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:56 am 

Good evening Gary,

The link you gave me was excellent as it explains how to follow your instructions (Windows 7) on Windows XP step by step.
So I found the error, it happened on february 18 at 07:54 pm and I had the following information when clicking on the error.

Type Error faulting Application
fsx.exe, version 10.061472.0
faulting module , version 0.0.0.0
faulting address 0x00000000

For more information go to support Center
http://go.microsoft.com/Fwlink/events.asp
I have clicked on the link and my event has been sent by Internet

I got the following message back
We are sorry there is no additionnal information about this issue in the Error and Event Log message or Knowledge base databases at this time. You can use the links in the support area to determine whether any additional information might be available elsewhere.

So what must I do now please?

Best Regards
JC

PS: I hope I could fly soon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:08 am 

jcrollé wrote:

Type Error faulting Application
fsx.exe, version 10.061472.0
faulting module , version 0.0.0.0
faulting address 0x00000000

So what must I do now please?

Best Regards
JC

PS: I hope I could fly soon

Hi JC,
I'm afraid that the faulting module version equaling 0.0.0.0 doesn't really give you much to go on, does it show a line saying "faulting module path"? Or "faulting module name"? The quick fix to "flying again soon" depends on knowing what exactly is messing up on you. If you can't determine what is faulting you only have a couple of options, 1) un-install and re-install all your addon's one at a time or bite the bullet and do as Cal has suggested and move your fsx.cfg out of your appdata folder and let it rebuild on starting FSX again. But you will need to re-install most addons to get them working the way they were before! If you keep the old fsx.cfg you might be able to compare the old one to the new to manually enter settings again but you will most likely be "out of luck"
First thing I would try would to go into "Event Viewer" again and see if you can find the faulting module name or at least path listed anywhere. In the bottom pane of event viewer I have 2 tabs "general" and "details" click the details tab after looking on the general tab.
As a wild shot in the dark, do you happen to have A2A's accu-feel installed? When I opened event viewer right now it lists it as being version 0.0.0.0

HTH
Gary

G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:39 am 

Just rename "FSX.cfg" to "FSX.cfg.bak" leave it there so you dont lose it and then compare.
the only thing I have found that might screw up is MyTraffic (AI traffic program), but you can copy that line from the old to the new config.
all the trusted DLLs will have to be clicked on again, but everything should work after.

I have a few CFG files in my folder, I name them "FSX.CFG.Sept26_2012" I can still open it in notepad. :P

Image....Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:35 am 

Good morning,

Gary, Cal, first, thanks for your help.

I made a copy of FSX.cfg file and I renamed it then moved it out on the desk. When I launched FSX I got the same problem.
I can go on "pilot register", "Missions", "Lessons",etc... but as soon as I click on "free flight", I have and error asked me to re start FSX.
I think that the FSX.cfg file has not rebuilt itself. When I make a research on C disk of this file, Windows found only FSX.cfg I renamed on the desk.

So now I think I have to insert original CD's of FSX and choose repair option to recover it. I have made save of add-on folders, sceneries folders and aircraft folders.
Regarding Gex, Ult Terrain Canada, USA etc... should I re-install those.

Let me know your opinion before I carry on.

Best Regards
J-C

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:29 pm 

The repair should be okay to do, It should only repair the FSX files, any mods you did to the default aircraft will be changed but the add-ons should be good. you might have to reinstall GEX and UTX as the textures of the main FSX will go back to the original textures.

Good Luck, It's better than re-installing everything. :shock:

Image....Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:26 am 

Cal Jordan (CVA371) wrote:
The repair should be okay to do, It should only repair the FSX files, any mods you did to the default aircraft will be changed but the add-ons should be good. you might have to reinstall GEX and UTX as the textures of the main FSX will go back to the original textures.

Good Luck, It's better than re-installing everything. :shock:

Yep, I concur. The only thing I can add is that you go back to "Event Viewer" and look one last time for a faulting module name or path like I said earlier
CVA0319 wrote:
First thing I would try would to go into "Event Viewer" again and see if you can find the faulting module name or at least path listed anywhere.

G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:00 am 

You could try and delete the FSX.CFG again, when it asks to trust a DLL say no to all and see if it starts, If it does then you have narrowed it down to one it asked you to install and didn't.
It will ask every time you run FSX, but you could then add one at a time ( All PMDGs or iFlys dlls of 1 aircraft at a time) if it still works then you can try the next bunch.
To do a repair is quite quick, not like full install, it just checks the files to find missing or corrupt files.

Image....Image

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]