It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: FSX frame rates slowly going down!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:42 pm 

I was flying the other day and noticed that my frame rates had changed quite a bit, and not too sure why because I hadn't done any changes since I installed from a image disk, when I installed I was getting approximately 25 to 35 FPS with all the sliders except water maxed. after about a week they went down to 8 to 15 FPS and most sliders the other way????
So I defragged and not much changed, so reinstalled the Image Disk and everything was back up again. So I was checking on the forums and somewhere I saw "ULTIMATEDEFRAG3"
was a really good defragger and the windows one sucked. when things started going downhill again I used the windows Defragger again and it said it was 2% fragmented, I installed the "ULTIMATEDEFRAG3" from http://www.disktrix.com and tried the 30 day trial, after the windows did it's defrag, this one said I had 29% fragmented, so I ran it and it really made a HUGE difference, It will optimize your hard drive so your files will be on the outer portion of the disk also. I'm now getting 45 to 75 FPS and no stuttering at all. Maybe the next thing to get would be an SS Drive.

It will take a while to run if you are moving the files to the outer portion of the disk, I suggest doing it at night.
Mine with the operating system and FSX and all the scenerys,planes etc about 2 hrs.

Image....Image

Post subject: Re: FSX frame rates slowly going down!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:44 pm 

Interesting. Devon told me years ago to use a defragger and I bought one. Glad to hear someone else confirm that it works!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:06 am 

Wow, I have to say I'm impressed with this defragmenter. I have yet to complete defragging, I keep tweaking my settings and restarting. :D

It is extremely flexible, so much that it took me a while to figure exactly what was the best way to set up my drives.

Windows drive high performance setting:

Windows drive archive setting:

Game drive high performance setting:

Game drive archive setting:

I'll probably change these later, but at least it's a start.

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:07 pm 

**Bump**

Works amazing got about another 5 to 10 fps and I have a new system and just threw on about 3 to 4 hundred gigs. Lets you pick and choose where files go for faster load times. Works real well. As a side note do not use on SSD You Will ruin your SSD if you defrag it. From what I have read. ULTIMATEDEFRAG3 Oh and I just used the trial version by the way will by if I havent got my ssd in the next 30 days :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]