It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: spanning view over two monitors
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:24 am 

Okay so here is the problem I have a gigabyte geforce gtx 650 1 gb card, capable of displaying 4 monitors(two dvi one vga and one hdmi)and windows 7 I cant seem to figure out how to stretch the VC mode over both of the monitors. And I dont want to believe that it cant be done. Cause that is what I am seeing. Apparently I can only do it with a surround feature and has to be 3 monitors. But I know there are years and years of knowledge through the people flying on here so was hoping there is a way. I know that I can do 1 monitor and extend other for gauges and what not. But my goal is to span both monitors and figure out idisplay for android tab(allows your android tablet to be monitor) I got it working but lag is crazy and I cannot figure out how to get it working on usb.

Post subject: Re: spanning view over two monitors
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:26 pm 

Hi Mike,

I think you should be able to stretch the VC view easily for two similar size dvd screens. You might want to check out the AVSIM forums for more advise. I tried to use only one screen for the visual and a second screen for gauges resulting in a very poor fps. I have a GTX 560 TII card. The solution would be running the gauges through a second video card. In my case the mobo has only one PCI-E slot and the PCI slot video cards have almost completely disappeared from the market. The second video card does not have to be a "rocket" to show the gauges. I am now running a 27 inch screen with TrackIr5 and a second old computer for maps, CVA forums etc during the flights. I might get a newer no2 computer and use the WideFS to move some of the software like Vatsim to the second one in the future. I have a rather stable system now, so I am not planning on a major overhaul for now.

Post subject: Re: spanning view over two monitors
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:07 pm 

yeah I think that is what i might do but you gave me a great idea I wonder if I can use the onboard graphics that came with my cpu for just gauges and such. :) Would be awesome right now I stay with about 20 to 30 fps with gauges on one screen and VC view on the other.
Now this is what I came up with if you want to span view one two monitors you have to put the right side view undocked over to the right monitor then do the left or your VC view on the left monitor. Not quite the same and also uses more juice from cpu and gpu but I still get 20 to 30 in most cases with this setup this is without throwing vatsim in the mix I am still working on that just trying to get setup down then next is getting on there. Still need to do some route training and chart training. I have the utilities I need from jeppeson have a commercial training and student pilot dvd just have to set the time to do it.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]