It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:55 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: SPAD (saitek panels advanced driver)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:02 am 

For anyone who owns a Saitek panel and hasn't yet discovered SPAD, follow this link:
http://fstools.weebly.com/

SPAD is a third party driver developed to cure the woes of Saitek panels. A quote from the developers page (see link above)

Quote:
Spad is a replacement driver for the Saitek Pro-Flight Radio, Multi and Switch panel. Spad implements features like:
- Compatibility with addon aircraft supporting keystrokes and virtual joystick button (using Peter Dowson's FSUIPC)
- Improved knobs sensitivity with tunable acceleration
- Additional features like altimeter barometric regulation
- Many bugs fixed (missed glide slope in FS2004, Nav1 switch etc.)
- Much better stability

It seems to be a little slow paced on the development side but thats probably because the guy is just an enduser of the Saitek products and developed it on his own. After switching to it (from the included Saitek drivers) Most of my problems that I was blaming on FSX itself have virtually disappeared. The main problem of getting 90 percent into a flight and having the panels quit working is entirely gone. I can't say it for sure but I was having issues of simconnect breaking on a crash and only being able to repair it by re-installing and rebooting. It was to the point that simconnect would break virtually every flight but once I installed SPAD that problem disappeared totally as well. And an added advantage is now I can program the switches, buttons etc on the panel via FSUIPC.
Anyone who owns a Saitek panel and is experiencing problems with them might want to have a look at SPAD.

Gary

+Portland City,2S1,CEN4,CEJ4,KHQM,7WA3,CBB7,KPDX
G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

Post subject: Re: SPAD (saitek panels advanced driver)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:48 am 

I have been using FSUIPC to calibrate and set my CH yoke, thruster and pedal controllers. FS-X wasn't crashing on me, but that might be another option for Saitek users.

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

Post subject: Re: SPAD (saitek panels advanced driver)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:15 am 

I don't use spad you have to renew it every year I have panels working fine in P3DV4.5 and V5.2 and MFS2020 no problem just do the following
First you must download and run the Prepar3d V4, 64 bit drivers for Saitek/Logitech panels from their web
site. it will create the file "LogiPrepar3D.exe" in the folder:
C:\Program Files\Logitech\Prepar3D V4 Plugin\LogiPrepar3D.exe
Verify that the file is there before proceeding.
If you already have Panels working in Prepar3d V4:
You will need to get Prepar3d V5 to launch the above LogiPrepar3D.exe file during startup the way Prepar3d v4 does. To do this you need to copy the exe.xml file that Prepar3d V4 uses to launch the Logitech panels from its current location to the analogous Prepar3d V5 directory. You can then delete out any extraneous commands present (other addons, etc. that do not apply to Prepqaar3d v5, and safe the file. Then simply run Prepar3d V5 and the panels will now be recognized. The locations for the relevant Prepar3d V4 and Prepar3d V5 exe.xml files are :

WARNING: CREATE A BACKUP of the exe.xml file before editing it (exe.xml.bak is a good name). ****

C:\users\{your Name}\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4 (prepar3d v4exe.xml file is located here)
C:\users\{your Name}\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v5 (copy the prepar3d v4 exe.xml file to here)
You need to make sure that the following commands remain after deleting the unwanted stuff.:

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Logitech Plugin for Prepar3D</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Path>C:\Program Files\Logitech\Prepar3D V4 Plugin\LogiPrepar3D.exe</Path>
<CommandLine>-run</CommandLine>
</Launch.Addon>
On fresh install where you have no previous version of exe.xml to work from, you will need to just create one yourself from scratch and place it into the C:\users\{your Name}\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v5 folder. Create a text file using Windows Notepad consisting of the following text and save it as exe.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Logitech Plugin for Prepar3D</Name>
<Path>C:\Program Files\Logitech\Prepar3D V4 Plugin\LogiPrepar3D.exe</Path>
<CommandLine>-run</CommandLine>
</Launch.Addon>