It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:18 pm

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: CVA vs Canadian North
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:48 pm 

Good day all;
Is Canadian (Virtual) comprised of Canadian North flights - I note arctic communities are available in CVA - but Ottawa to Iqaluit is not listed as a scheduled flight as it is with Canadian north.

Post subject: Re: CVA vs Canadian North
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:30 pm 
Site Admin

Sure I can add this route. With a return flight. Welcome to CVA....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:34 pm 
Site Admin

I just checked the routes and they are there in the schedule. CYOW to CYFB is 6498 and CYFB to CYOW 6499.

enjoy :P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:12 pm 

thanks for the response - 1 more if I may - as I might be doing this wrong since I can't see a flight from cyow to cyfb or return the way I am trying to do it.

From the vcars thingy - I go to schedule and identify Ottawa and click on flights that I assume is intended to list all of the Canadian flights out of Ottawa on that day - I don't see cyow to cyfb listed.

Am I doing this wrong ?? your right I am very new to this......

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:54 pm 
Site Admin

norman murray wrote:
thanks for the response - 1 more if I may - as I might be doing this wrong since I can't see a flight from cyow to cyfb or return the way I am trying to do it.

From the vcars thingy - I go to schedule and identify Ottawa and click on flights that I assume is intended to list all of the Canadian flights out of Ottawa on that day - I don't see cyow to cyfb listed.

Am I doing this wrong ?? your right I am very new to this......

Let me see if I can help here, from the VCARs thingy I presume that it is CVAcars is what you are using.

Schedule (tab) click drop down box and select CYOW or CYFB. You should see a spread sheet of all the routes. scroll to bottom if its is not visible. Another trick is to click on the arrival box of the spread sheet and it sort the list alphabetically, (best to find your selection). If you wish I can post screenshots.

Good day sir.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:13 pm 

Let me be clear as to what is happening please.
I log into CVAcars - and click the schedule button
under departing airport I select CYOW and then click on the schedule button
as you mentioned there is a drop down menu but, mine reads as follows:
cyul
cyyz
cyyb
cybs

there are no other entries to choose from.

If you are seeing a range of flight choices I do not see, we have a problem.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:45 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Norman , when you say you "log in" are filling it on the main page? You should go to Info/Settings in the top right corner and fill in the log in info. It should look like this picture below and I have included the schedule page. Let me know how that goes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:01 pm 

thanks for your assistance - I had already set up the tools part prior to your advice. You note when you identified Ottawa as the departure airport the drop down menu appeared. In my case it also drops down but, it only has 4 flights to choose from. My system seems to be set up the same as what you have shown me thus far.

I trust you and can be reached at murray_norm@hotmail.com or phone 1 902 225-5515 (cell) or we can continue chating in the forum - I am retired so I am around most of the time......

I am going to try it again just in case I am doing something dumb - wouldn't be the first time according to my wife......... and she would know.....!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:10 pm 

I entered cyyz (Toronto) to see if there were more choices departing from there - and there was about 5 or 6 flights listed. There must be more than that.

Is it possible that since I am new, the flight scheduler assumes I am not experienced enough for larger air craft ? and only provides me with flights within my classification ? what is listed as choices seems to be small prop planes......

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:41 pm 
Site Admin

norman murray wrote:
I entered cyyz (Toronto) to see if there were more choices departing from there - and there was about 5 or 6 flights listed. There must be more than that.

Is it possible that since I am new, the flight scheduler assumes I am not experienced enough for larger air craft ? and only provides me with flights within my classification ? what is listed as choices seems to be small prop planes......

That it, It has been a long time for me sorry not to mention it. This is because as a new member it is a Class 1 aircraft until you get to 25 hours then you can do Class 2.

Class 1 is turbo prop. CYOW to CYFB is a 1300 mile trip with a B737 Class 3 plane.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:16 am 

well we have the answer and I thank you. I also belong to VAC and have captains rank there. If I can't import I will just enjoy my ranking as everyone else.

Thanks again for your assistance, I was thinking I did something wrong with the install..........

Good Night......

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:22 am 
Site Admin

norman murray wrote:
well we have the answer and I thank you. I also belong to VAC and have captains rank there. If I can't import I will just enjoy my ranking as everyone else.

Thanks again for your assistance, I was thinking I did something wrong with the install..........

Good Night......

I can validate this and accord you hours here for time you have at VAC, up to a maximum of 50 hours. When I get home later tonight I will check and adjust your hours.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:39 am 
Site Admin

Hi Norman,
I checked your experience with VAC and it is my pleasure to accord you 50 hours. I will take care of this as soon as the web site gets fixed. Today sometime it got corrupted and I notified Darryl. Hopefully this will get repaired soon.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:54 am 

You have really gone above any beyond to help me. Thank you very much.

I am sure there is a correlation between hours of flight and "class" of plane - I will know from the drop down menu which is permitted !!

May I also compliment your org regarding the ease of install of your fleet planes. It is idiot proof with the auto install. If I was to have a suggestion for VAC it would be that their fleet planes can not be downloaded and just installed - I was forced to find compatible planes on the net and alter the textures.

Now I have new destinations to experience - wonderful......

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:15 am 
Site Admin

Hi Norman,

As Frank has indicated welcome to the CVA family! We've been around a long time and over the years have grown to understand what people like in terms of flights / flexibility, but also in trying to make things easy for our members.

Cal Jordan & formerly Chuck Dickey have done a fantastic job in particular with a number of the auto installs for our fleet along with a few others over time.

While largely today I am transparent behind the scenes with my busy life I do drop in periodically to the forums to welcome new pilots and see how things are going. Frank is my 2nd in command and continues to do a fantastic job running things in my absence :D

We hope you have found a new home here with CVA and look forward to seeing your new adventures.

Cheers! :mrgreen:

CVA7769

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next