It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:55 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Throttle Quadrant
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:33 am 

Fed up with Saitek throttle quadrants and both of them our screwed up, pots are dirty and no way to clean them. Second one didn't last a year. So did some searching and getting one or the other from here http://www.fsxthrottle.com/fsx-throttle-classic-pro

Supposed to be good so will try one or the other from them. probably the classic pro which my wife has said I can get. Can be upgraded with more switches etc. which I am capable of doing.

Cheers Rod

Post subject: Re: Throttle Quadrant
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:28 am 

That looks pretty good Rod.
I have the same issues with my Saitek quadrants but I got lucky, it lasted almost 4 years before any problems with the pots. I did manage to open the quadrant up and take the actual axe apart and got to the pots to clean them and they worked great for about 3 months and then back to the same issue.

I have one axe that is dead all together and I'm thinking about opening the quadrant up and see if I can rig another potentiometer on it and try to get it to work. The axe doesn't work anyways so I think I'll give it a try, it can't be worst then what it is right now....right? :mrgreen:

I'll let you guys know out it turned out...I can only get 2 results here;
success or
pile of plastic junk with a hammer and screwdriver sticking out of it :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:55 pm 

Bought the bullet today and purchased a throttle quadrant. Looking forward to receiving it and then fighting with FSUIPC etc. to get it all set up.

Getting the upgraded one with trim wheel as they had one built that was supposed to be sold to someone but they backed out. So I got it for a bit of a break in price.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:09 pm 

Here is a photo of the quadrant

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByWf4icvz-OwaEVKbFQtclRZUjg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:37 pm 

Nice,
Just dropped in to says that I ended up with a pile of junk and decided to also purchase the quadrant yesterday.
I got the "Clasic Pro"
Cant wait to get it

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:47 pm 

New throttle quadrant unit arrived today, connected up and started to set it up in FSUIPC as well as Linda. Bit of work to get it all to work like I wanted but going great now. Having a real trim wheel is going to be great, just have to see how well it works. Room for 7 more switches on the unit, will play with it for a while and will end up adding new switches for a few functions. Nice unit, works very smoothly and the pots are easy to clean or even replace if need be. Will fly with it tomorrow if all goes well.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:36 am 

lucky you, still waiting for mine :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:38 pm 

This is a very interesting thread. I am considering doing the same thing now as my Saitek throttle became useless a long time ago. I have looked at the current Saitek throttle offerings but I am leery of that. So I will be most interested in hearing how you all make out with this new model!! :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:29 pm 

Have flown with the new unit now, love it. The throttles work very smoothly and accurately. So much better than the Saitek that I was using. The flap and spoiler leavers are great as well, took a bit to calibrate the flap leavers for the PMDG 737 but now working perfectly. Flying the DC3 Airways rally at the moment, the unit is not perfect for the DC3 but I use the throttles as throttles and the spoiler as the prop pitch (single control), it works real well that way.

I can add 7 more switches to the unit, will do that in a bit and use them for various functions. Easy enough to add the switches. I have the landing gear leaver on mine and it is nice to have as well.

Looking at the unit closely it will be easy to clean the pots if they get dirty or even replace them if they wear out. Well worth the money spent on the unit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:12 pm 

Wonderful! This seems to be the answer to throtttle problems especially since it looks like maintenance wouldnt be a big issue if necessary depending on how available parts are. On the other hand this unit might well perform flawlessly for a very long time. The biggest issue right now is the exchange rate!!

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]