It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:04 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Windows 10
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:35 pm 

Anyone have any info on windows 10 and what effect iit might have for flight simulation? I have windows 8.1 and it has been nothing but trouble for me. They are offering windows 10 as a free upgrade but I'm afraid I could end up going from the frying pan into the fire. I thought I read that one of our CVA members was doing beta testing.

Cheers Bill

Post subject: Re: Windows 10
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:24 pm 

Guess I'll answer my own question. Windows 10 is installed. FS9 will not run! FSX will not install! Just friggin beautiful!!! Flight Simmers beware! The problem could be with me, as I'm not very knowledgeable with computers. Sure would like to know if anyone else has tried this either successful or not.
Cheers Bill

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:50 am 

I'm thinking to stay with windows 7 :cry:

Image....Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:01 pm 

Same here, I'm staying with W7. Just spent the week end with the brother in law and after the free win 10 upgrade, his laptop keeps rebooting. Cant even start it in safe mode....he's not a happy camper to keep the discution clean :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:42 pm 

OK so I am running Windows 10 , got the automatic download this week , it saved everything I already had on my PC. I had Lockheed Martins Prepar3D already installed and it came up and ran just fine .
I installed X-Plane and it is running fine . Yesterday I put FSX in and after a couple of errors and cleaning the disk with a cloth it installed , when the errors came up I just pulled the disk out and cleaned it and put it back in and clicked continue. The accelerator disk went in as well . Brought it up and activated it . I did find that the reset procedure for the product keys will not work anymore if any of you have tried the MSK928080.exe program , it worked in Windows 8.1 but when I brought up the CMD prompt and tired resetting things it would not do it , anyway it activated both FSX and the Accelerator package no problem. I have not turned off the User Account COntrol because the new internet borwser "EDGE" ill not work when it is disabled but you can still use the old Internet Explorer when you locate it ...
I have installed Active Sky for P3D and FSX (two separate programs) as well as vPilot , Plan-G and FS Commander and the FSAcars for one of the VA's I fly with BUT I had to install this program outside of the C:\ drive to make it work properly. Put it on another drive outside the drive I am running Windows 10 on I do this for my Flight Sim's as well I don't let them install to the default.
I am about to install the CVA acars program and give it a run today . Aircraft , Orbx, other scenery all work fine with Windows 10 .. One big improvement is the starting time for FSX it is really fast I can be in the air flying in about 30 seconds , now this is just starting FSX and clicking on fly now without selecting any other aircraft but the glider , same with P3D and I have not had any lag time with X-Plane or the other programs.

Like all of Microsoft's new operating systems it takes time to learn all the quirks, I have worked out a few of the bugs and everything is looking great for me anyway Hopefully you will have the same experience

While you can

Burt Dykeman

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]