It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sorry I have not been here
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:00 pm 

Hello everyone. I'm so sorry I have not been around for quite a while.

The truth is, I have not been flying for quite a while. After the main computer crashed, I got a new board and video card, and started from scratch to get everything going again. But it was one thing after another getting things loaded. I got flying and then the sound system crashed. That was about it for me for now. I got tired of messing with it. It is so frustrating because I had a perfect system before. I am also a wood-worker with a full shop and that has been taking up my time these days, along with gardening. I miss flying the sim, and will probably come back some day, just not sure when. Thanks for your patience, and I hope you keep me on the record so long as possible.

Barry D

Image Image Image

Post subject: Re: Sorry I have not been here
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:20 pm 

Hi Barry,

Waiting for your comeback.

JC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:46 pm 

Hi Barry, sorry to hear that. I know that a new system can be very frustrating, especially if the previous one was working good.
But you know what, summer is here and it's time to enjoy the outside :)
Sometimes all you need is to take a step back, take a break and wait for the hitch to come back (and it will come back) We flying junky can't stay away long from it...trust me, I know.
On that, enjoy the summer and the same goes for everybody else.
Pat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:32 pm 

Thanks Pat,

That's what I'm doing. Forgetting about sitting for hours on the computer loading and testing scenery, planes, etc. and doing other things. Had things going pretty good and then the sound system I've had for years crashed. That was it! I threw up my hands and went down to my woodshop and sawed wood. Then summer came with the flower gardens. I needed a break and am still on it. I have no doubts I will be back, probably when the cool weather starts to hit. Problem is, I have already forgotten a lot of my flight-sim skills. It will take a while to re-learn some. But I'm still around, just in remission.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:43 pm 

Ditto.

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:41 pm 
Site Admin

Hey Gang,

I am much in the same boat. My life has dramatically changed over the past 2 years and have had not time to fly in the sim let alone in real life! I seem to be constantly on the road for one thing or another but I do still check in from time to time and read through your posts and keep the VA going financially behind the scenes. Frank continues to do much of the day to day thankfully and could not have a better person to help keep things ongoing. His tireless efforts have kept our online multiplayer adventures alive!

At some point I will get back out to do some flying but like many of you real life has taken priority for now but I enjoy checking in with all of you periodically. Enjoy the summer and the fantastic weather no matter where you are! If any of you are out on the west coast (Canada) let me know as I am now physically located just outside of Vancouver. At some point once I find some time and if there are enough bodies nearby we'll have another CVA get together :)

Cheers!

CVA7769

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]