It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:24 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: It's All Coming Around
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:24 pm 

I'm still a bit away from flying again, but my new network is up and running fine (I think). Got my former computer connected and running down in my workshop. The new Win 8 Rig upstairs is also running along with a backup computer along side it which I already had. All the WiFi is also running nice after yet another power outage blew out the modem (insurance from Best Buy paid for that). Always get insurance for your modem! Those things fail like crazy.

My time lately, when I'm not blowing snow out of the driveway, is working with my Amish neighbor on the Internet. He has a sporting goods shop with excellent Archery and Muzzle Loading Gun stuff, but is not allowed to have muuch more than a simple phone and no credit cards. So I do stuff for him. He does a hell of a business! I help him order stuff, etc. with my computers and credit. Business has been brisk, so it is taking up a lot of my time, which he pays me well for.

I have managed to get the D drive for FSX (an SSD) re-installed and completely reformatted on the new rig, which will be my flying machine, mostly. All my financial/banking programs are up and running well, as are my internet and fav links. Win 8 is running on a new SSD, and really fast. The backup 1 TB drive also appears to be working fine. That has all my FSX add-on stuff on it for re-install.

So I am just about ready to take the new FSX Installation plunge. I might use Steam this time, have not decided yet.

Hopefully, I will be back soon.

Barry

Image Image Image

Post subject: Re: It's All Coming Around
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:55 am 

What a good news Barry !! :D :D

JC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:18 pm 
Site Admin

Looking forward to flying with you again. If you take the dive into FSX-SE let me know how it works out for I myself am real interested in it because of the VAS problem I have (long Flights my scenery blurs out.). I was speaking with Cal last Saturday during the multi and explain my reservation towards the shift from FSX to FSX-SE because of the problems with some of my favorite addons. Addons like FSinn as an example but if I change I would need to use Vpilot. Then this would require me to get another monitor setup because I like flying full screen. Wow too many because, change is hard but sometimes you got to do what needs to be done. I think I am getting old. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:31 pm 

Hi Frank,

Do you know if it is confirmed that FSInn will not work with FSX-SE? I don't know. If that's true I may have a problem, because last I checked VPilot does not do the voice on comm2 that we use. We would have to use Teamspeak. Maybe it's been updated, been a while since I checked.

Barry

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:54 pm 
Site Admin

Some guy here says he got it to work via simconnect. But I have tried and no luck for me. Although I know nothing on how to use this.

Here is the link, Maybe you know something about how to config this.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/d ... 842572847/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:07 pm 

Thanks Frank. That is an interesting thread. I am seeing most issues with Steam seem to be occurring to guys who are attempting a Steam install with their previous FSX still installed, or all the admin folders not comepletly removed from the old install.

I will be starting from scratch, so I think I will try it. At $25 or less for the program it will not be a big deal if it does not work.

Will let you know how it works out.

VPilot seems to be where Vatsim wants everyone to go, so not sure if they will make any serious efforts to change FSinn.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:30 pm 

Getting the Steam Version now. Taking a looong time to download!

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:35 pm 

Steam Version is working along with my Saitek Yoke, Throttles, and Rudders! Big Start!

No Add-ons installed yet, just making sure all is well so far. Still need to get NVidia Inspector in here to smooth the graphics. That is my next step. Already have FSUIPC and DX10 Fixer on board. Note-Steam version runs in DX10 mode.

Steam took a long time to download, and at first I was not sure it was even there. But it went right into my FSX SSD where I told it to go. Starting up was really easy. I was very pleased.

Now if I can just get an Orbx Region to install.

We are getting there.

Barry

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:58 am 

Wow, I'm finally up and flying again. Almost forgot how much fun it is. I got Orbix PNW going and updated, and also Tongas Fjords. FTX Central is working - a big plus since the old computer would not run it.

Kind of nice just using the default airplanes - the Cessna and Caravan, to scoot around. No autopilot, no maps, just VFR and find the airport. I'm loving it. I already know a lot of that scenery. I got really spoiled using Plan G and FS Commander that always shows you exactly where you are. It's been fun just winging it!

There is a lot more to go with a Steam Install. Active Sky Weather people seem to be still working at a version that works right with steam. Orbix stuff is mostly fine but Objectflow does not work yet. I have not even checked out REX yet. But it is all slowly getting there.

It is so nice to fly again! Can't wait to add some planes, but you have to go slow and test everything first. It takes a long time.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:37 am 

Should make a disc image after an install, if it's working good, then if something doesn't work you don't have to uninstall everything you can just load the latest disc image and carry on 8)

Image....Image

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]