It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:44 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Be Back Soon
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:59 pm 

Not flying the past while, working on a project here at home, writing a book for publication. Just about finished the research phase, have the version 0.3 text about written and ready to start the first edit/rewrite of the stuff done. Will take it a lot slower starting soon so can have time for flying. What's it about? I volunteer with the Nature Conservancy of Canada as a land manager looking after the MacFarlane Woods Nature Reserve and I am writing a guide book on the reserve which will cover the hiking trail, vegetation, climate and geology. Having fun writing it but like almost everything I do I go overboard on some parts and make even more work for myself.

Almost all plant guides give the scientific name for the plants but not the meaning of the words, so I am including the meanings in my book, turned out much harder to get the meanings for many names than I thought it would be.

Post subject: Re: Be Back Soon
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:10 pm 

First two flights in a while this AM, just from yhz to ysj and return in the snow that we are so famous for this winter. Hopefully will be on more now that my book is in final edit stage. Just photos to take this summer and put them in place and get it out to the publisher, couple of them interested right now.

This February has been hard on me here in Cape Breton, lots of freezing rain and ice buildup. Snow today but Wednesday is supposed to be more rain and freezing. Temps going up and down so much not sure what to wear any specific day!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]