It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:56 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: VATSIM ID's / VATSIM VA Status
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:25 pm 
Site Admin

Hi All,

I've recently been contacted by VATSIM in regards to our VA along with others. They are making everyone aware of revisions to the VA partnership requirements that we need to be compliant with. In particular, we must have a minimum number of VATSIM registered pilots and a minimum number of pilots in a 3 month period actually flying online and using our callsign.

VATSIM audits our VA periodically for compliance and one of the things you can do to help is to fly at least 1 flight online a month. Additionally, if everyone could please log in to your Pilot Center, scroll to the bottom of the screen and look under the Profile Options. Click on EDIT MY PROFILE, EMAIL, AND AVATAR and then make sure that your registered and active VATSIM ID is listed here. If it isn't (or if it is incorrect), please get it put in and update your profile.

I will also be looking at trimming down the roster in the near future for pilots that have 0 flights (or a low number of flights over the past year). We want our VA to continue to be Canada's finest and that includes having a healthy and active membership. Unfortunately for me personally my time has been limited but hopefully with the fall / winter season coming I will be online a little more often.

Appreciate your help gents!

Cheers! :mrgreen:

CVA7769

Post subject: Re: VATSIM ID's / VATSIM VA Status
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:43 pm 

So how are we doing keeping Vatsim happy yet ??

Post subject: Re: VATSIM ID's / VATSIM VA Status
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:36 pm 
Site Admin

No news is good news as they say! :D

I have not heard anything more back from them yet. It's a problem both with the "number of pilots" and the number of flights. THey have a minimum standard and that is essentially 15 different pilots / flights minimum every 3 months I believe. I'll have to go back and double check the email. They have not sent me a recent nasty email so that's good so far.

Cheers Burt! :mrgreen:

CVA7769

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]