It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:54 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Supposed to be Spring
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:38 am 

Survived the latest Nor'easter here in Cape Breton, probably the worst one of this winter. Two days of freezing rain, numerous power outages, one for 9 hours when the high voltage feeder line for our street snapped. Then the snow began with high north east winds, on Monday dug out the doors five different times just so we could open them, last one after 10 at night. Woke up this morning and had to exit the house via a window. From 6:15 am to 9 am I got the doors dug out and the driveway opened up. Then this afternoon dug out 40 feet of our 4 foot fence so the dogs couldn't just walk over and go visit the neighborhood. The 8 foot fence behind our barn has a drift right over it as well. Our front deck's railing has disappeared under snow, my truck is out of use as the front of the truck has disappeared under snow, it can just melt away. The west end of the house has a drift up to the eaves. It has been a royal pain to keep things open and then one of my dogs became sick as well, went to the vet today and he is doing much better. Sun came out today and you had to be careful of falling ice off all the trees and wires.

My wife loved it, I hated it as I have to do the work to keep things working!

Post subject: Re: Supposed to be Spring
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:51 pm 

Wow And I thought we had a bad winter in Pennsylvania! Good luck Hope it gets warmer soon.

Image Image Image

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]