It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:13 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Boeing's in P3D2
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:00 pm 

Hey All,
What Boeing aircraft are you guys with P3D2 using? Anything good with full FMS/systems? Any of it freeware? PMDG is out for the time being due to EULA (and I don't relish the thought of buying another 737).

Post subject: Re: Boeing's in P3D2
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:14 pm 

Ifly makes the 737 in payware for Prepar3D.
http://www.flight1tech.com/Products/Air ... par3D.aspx
Any of the TDS Freeware 737's that are Native FSX. Usually I get them off Simavation as some there under the FSX have been given a VC transplant which is what only FSX/P3D native allows. I also watch these guys http://www.rikoooo.com/en/downloads.

I wont buy the PMDG 737 as they failed in delivery in the spirit of simulation. Ifly on the other hand supports Fs9 thru P3D V2.

CVA Prepar3D V2.4 Military and Pro Plus and Academic Pilot -- Windows 8.1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:11 pm 

Yeah, I've had the FSX iFly 737 for a long time.. love it. I just don't want to pay another $79 for the same plane. Also, I was spoiled by the 2d cockpit, I'm thinking if something forces me into the 3d cockpit world, I'll get used to it and be better off in the long run. Maybe CaptainSim.. I just don't think they are up to the same standard as ifly/pmdg.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:00 pm 

Really trying hard to like P3D2 here. It is really pretty with the lighting and clouds etc, and it runs really smooth. I just can't find a decent modern Boeing to fly. Everything I download is crap! Most of them use the same VC and have the crappy Bendix FMS. There isn't even a visible way to turn on VNAV/LNAV.. or any NAV at all, even though I have the FMS programmed with a flightplan (via the crappy flight planner built in). Not impressed with my lack of 'liner options at the moment. The best i've run into so far was a 737-200 I found somewhere that seems to be ok, but it is FAR from modern. What can I do, I've become accustomed to my fancy modern FMS with all my systems. A while back I even tried to fly the Majestic Q400, which is a beautiful aircraft, but I couldn't wrap my head around the systems in a reasonable amount of time. (which is short for my seemingly ADD brain)
Save me! Or I might have to get a refund and stick with XPlane, which isn't perfect either. I'd hate to have to reinstall FSX and all of my addons again for my new 'puter. Really want to move on to the "next" thing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:03 pm 

Here is my pride and joy of the 737 payware fleet. I never ever go anywhere without it.
http://www.milviz.com/fs/item.php?id=B-737
Me and MPE C-GSPW have a RW history and love affair :oops: I have 150 RW hours on her based from CYZF. The Milviz one is based off Canadian Operators Air Inuit, First Air and Canadian North including the FDE. The CS is based of Russian/Ukraine/UK Types. Also the Milviz one comes with a nice ACM, you can swap any of the paints to Combi, Advanced or Cargo depending on what you want. Gravel Kit modeled and optional controlled from ACM and as it the three AP styles.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:04 pm 

I use FsCommander for P3D 1.4 and 2.0.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]