It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:13 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: T7
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:08 am 

I know, sucker is born every minute, just purchased and downloaded the PMDG 777, and in the release notes there are two problems they have not fixed yet, one not serious and the second the sim will lock up sometimes, they have not been able to replicated what testers have found, for about 30 seconds and then carry on. But, looking forward to loading it tomorrow and starting the LONG process of figuring this one out. Will have to find a long Class 5 flight to use it on...

Cheers Rod

Post subject: Re: T7
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:02 am 

Just doing the first flight from Calgary to Vancouver, if you have figured out the 737NGX this shouldn't be a problem. :P
a lot of reading to do to start cold and dark though. :roll:

Image....Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:03 pm 

And went down to my flight sim computer this morning, actually flight sim setup with two computers, four screens including my 42 inch outside view screen and my main computer would not start, hung up at the opening flash screen... did some trouble shooting and was having no luck...

Then I remembered I added a printer yesterday, one more USB device plugged into the machine and it was one tomany... unplugged the printers (Z2100 and new Deskjet 1050) and it now starts... have a spare powered USB Hub so plugged it in and connected the printers through it and everything is back working.

Now, load in the T7 and fly later today after I get back from being the driver for my wife... she wants a new chair for her studio and needs to talk to a pharmacist about some new medication she was prescribed...

Best laid plans always go astray... but will get there.

Cheers Rod

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:19 am 

Just thought that I should let people know how my first test flight went. Flew a test flight from YHZ to YVR using a variety of jet routes and direct between either VOR or named points. Also changed flight levels during the flight, wanted to make sure it was working well.

Notes from the flight:
1. Higher screen refresh rates than with the 737NGX, no stutters at all on the flight.
2. No memory problems, FSX ran well with no hiccups.
3. Quality of the panels, sound, engine simulation and flight simulation are second to none, in fact I have increased my settings in the sim for flight dynamics to most real as this airplane works so well. Will have to reset the settings for other aircraft.
4. FMS works great, this airplane is a rocket on climb to altitude, on descent the only time I used any spoilers was when I was slowing down before 10000 feet.
5. Autopilot funcitons (auto throttle smoothest I have seen yet in the sim, altitude control is well modeled, aircraft roll rates really well done)
6. ILS is best I have seen in the sim, they have re-modeled the autopilot outside of FSX and it shows, no hunting when getting to the localizer.

All in all, a great airplane, if you fly the NGX you will not have too many problems.

Read the introduction manual at least, and I can't remember the setting change but ensure you change to autopilot disconnect horn to be reset when you press the Warning light switch, otherwise you can't turn off the horn.

Expensive but I believe worth it. I use FSUIPC to set my controls and had no problems.

Cheers Rod

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:36 am 

Excellent review. Sounds like another great product from PMDG. Unfortunately the price tag is out of my league.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]