It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Air North Yukon orders
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:35 pm 

http://www.flyairnorth.com/DealsAndNews/News.aspx :shock: :shock:
You Saw it 10 A380's for Air North complete with a Gambling hall and cocktail bars lol. That's it I'm moving to Whitehorse :lol: .

CVA Prepar3D V2.4 Military and Pro Plus and Academic Pilot -- Windows 8.1

Post subject: Re: Air North Yukon orders
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:40 pm 
Site Admin

With the first aircraft to be delivered in 2049!!! :D They're probably going to save them from the scrap dealers...I could just imagine an A380 coming in on final to CYXU!!

Say, speaking of CYXU, did you hear that a few years ago an aircraft had to return to the terminal after a FISH STRIKE? Seems the aircraft was on its take off roll and startled an osprey that was overflying the runway with a fresh catch. It dropped it and it struck the cockpit window. Explain that one to the maintenance supervisor.... :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:32 am 

cva3906 wrote:
Say, speaking of CYXU, did you hear that a few years ago an aircraft had to return to the terminal after a FISH STRIKE? Seems the aircraft was on its take off roll and startled an osprey that was overflying the runway with a fresh catch. It dropped it and it struck the cockpit window. Explain that one to the maintenance supervisor.... :shock:

That was Alaska Airlines 737 in Alaska. Alaska Airline was the only airline who had midair collusion with fish.

Aharon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:17 am 
Site Admin

CADORS Number: 2009O1513

Detail Information
User Name: Boles, Will
Date: 2009/07/27
Further Action Required: Yes
O.P.I.: Commercial & Business Aviation
Narrative: The (Air Canada) Jazz Air Limited Partnership de Havilland DHC-8 aircraft (operating as flight JZA7710) was departing on a scheduled IFR flight from London International Airport (CYXU) to Toronto (LBPIA) (CYYZ). It was reported that the aircraft impacted with a fish on takeoff roll and rejected the takeoff. Update 109348-V2 The aircraft was on takeoff roll when an overflying osprey dropped a fish (carp) which impacted the aircraft.

Not the only fishy airline anymore I'm afraid! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:23 am 

But what you talked about had happened on the ground during take off run, not in midair.

Alaska Airline is the only airline to have midair collusion with a fish hitting the 737 at some 3,000 ft or 5,000 ft in midair.

Also Alaska Airlines is only airline to have collusion with a big moose resulting into the plane getting its front landing gear ripped off on runway.

Aharon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:49 am 

Yep and US Airways sucked up a Secrete Canadian Goose Weapon and the bus went to float in the Hudson Thankfully due to the crews excellent Skills. I heard the US has declared War on the Canadian Geese around all airports in the US :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:15 am 

Say Chuck what do recommend for CYXU Scenery in FSX? I must say i only thought weird strikes only happen in the Arctic lol, that was till the New York one and now the Fish you described. I had to call a 440sq mate of mine and ask. He laughed and said yep it sure did happen and we have access to a copy of the report if you don't believe me lol. It is amazing when natures way and aviation tango.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]