It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Concept Of Exterior Model ONLY
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:36 pm 

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Can anybody please explain to me the concept of exterior model only?? Captain Sim is offering for 10 bucks interesting L1011 with 12 liveries and the only catch is that it is exterior model ONLY.

I can understand and have no problem with the fact that it does not come with panel (easy for me to find panel) and it does not come with passenger seats.

From what I am told, the exterior model offers all stuff such as working flaps, working lights, working landing gears, and everything except panel and passenger seats as well as fancy loading equipment.

But what baffles me is that it does not come with fuel loading. In other words, an user cannot set it for 50 percent fuel or 30 percent fuel or so on. Does it mean the exterior model only is flying on unlimited 100 percent fuel load or what?? I also am told it will be flown EMPTY which is ok with me but lack of ability to give specific fuel load concerns me.

Regards,

Aharon

Post subject: Re: Concept Of Exterior Model ONLY
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:19 pm 

Well I bought into the CS737, 777 and recent L1011 Programs. Basically you are testing and enjoying the exterior model and FDE and providing Feed back thru there forums. This in turn in theory gives CS time needed to develop the VC and catch some of the errors. It also gices the FSX user a taste at a discount. for FSX/Prepar3D user's like myself who are experienced in Mods and have a heavily armed Hanger it gets fun and creative. I also own the JFL1011 so as you can guess VC merge transplant was preformed at my Virtual Skunk-Works Base North of Yellowknife. Worked like a treat. I have heard some merging with the Thomas Ruth DC10 VC. As for fuel planning I never had a issue as I plan fuel manually thru the sim aircraft menu and don't use there tool for fuel planning. It all depends on the simmer and the likes and dislikes. Personally I like the CSL1011 exterior over the JF offering atm. Gonna be interesting to see what CS comes up with for VC to compare.

CVA Prepar3D V2.4 Military and Pro Plus and Academic Pilot -- Windows 8.1

Post subject: Re: Concept Of Exterior Model ONLY
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:12 pm 

Thanks for explanations, Tim!!!

Lousy 10 bucks is worth the gamble to buy Captain Sim L1011. It is working with lame FSX default A320 virtual panel that Captain Sim provided.. I do not want virtual panels as they are memory resource hogs. So I tried to alias to less memory resource intensive Overland MD-11 panel and it did not work (landing wheels vanished). So I guess I am stuck with A320 panel for Captain Sim L1011.

Aharon

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]