It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: CYXY
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:49 pm 

Awhile ago (within the last year I think) someone asked me if I had pictures of the terminal and tower at CYXY (Whitehorse) because they new of someone who was interested in doing scenery for YXY.
I just spent an hour and a half taking pictures around CYXY so if anyone is interested in the pictures let me know.
Harry

Post subject: Re: CYXY
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:24 pm 

That was me :D You have a pm and I'll alert email the developers. I have two freeware one's interested and both have done Arctic scenery before. YXY has been a little stinker for scenery developers and now her time has come to shine and wake up in FS. This also means my Air North Ifly is getting warmed up :) Thank goodness when November gets here I can go home on leave for two months to Yellowknife, this heat in Texas of the US is nuts.

CVA Prepar3D V2.4 Military and Pro Plus and Academic Pilot -- Windows 8.1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:17 pm 

CAF440 wrote:
I have two freeware one's interested and both have done Arctic scenery before.

Can you tell me what they are and where I can find them so that I can download two freeware sceneries please?

Aharon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:57 am 

Aharon wrote:
CAF440 wrote:

Can you tell me what they are and where I can find them so that I can download two freeware sceneries please?

Aharon

Well you want a lethal challenge of Arctic scenery :lol: I can provide accommodation for that request and yes I'm highly known to instigate Arctic Scenery, Eh it's northern Pride :D Now onto the list shall we.
1st: Gilles Gauthier developer of Nunavut, NWT and Yukon Landscapes a must and has Komokuk Beach Early Warning station and strip
http://okad.ca/cvq/relief.php and also check out his partners work on CYPC Paulatuk http://okad.ca/cvq/scenes.php
2nd if you dare Sidney Schwartz and Pete Ham CYZF, CYRT, CYFB all located at avsim or flightsim.com just look up Sidney's name.
3rd: is the Deline, Tulita, Norman Wells and Fort Good Hope run by Frits Beyer, Jacques Botha at avsim
Now there was a 4th must Watson Lake a gem of a scenery for FSX. But the developer was from Japan and it seems to have disappeared and real sad loss.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:57 am 

Thanks for the links to these great freeware sceneries, it is much appreciated.

Ryan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:23 am 

CAF440 wrote:
Aharon wrote:
CAF440 wrote:

Aharon

2nd if you dare Sidney Schwartz and Pete Ham CYZF, CYRT, CYFB all located at avsim or flightsim.com just look up Sidney's name.

Hay River CYHY Also if i'm not mistaken. i had the hay river and yellowknife on my old laptop, i have the yellowknife downloaded, i just have to install

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:41 pm 

Tim,

Thanks for links and tips. I already have great CYZF scenery:):):)

Since you are expert in northernmost Artic area for aerial operations, can you please see what you can do about my post as seen on this link, please?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2980

Thanks,

Aharon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:37 am 

I just checked and Flight Ontario did a excellent Hay River CYHY and took a flight around it with the Twotter and was right at home, beautiful job by them :D . Aharon, please give me a few days to dig. I know about pics like that and the many former strips that were used on and off. Many of them I actually RW landed at with the RCAF 440Sq. Many are closed for good reasons, but equally many can be reactivated fast. Doing a Ice Rwy isn't hard in FSX but would require Two afcads based on season. This big question is can FSX actually simulate the climate your looking for by itself or does it need a third party like REX? Active sky no won't work, I tried and noticed many issues across the Arctic. However let me check Rex and I gave them special treatment in re the Wx reporting stations across Arctic Canada. RCAF440Sq pilots are big Rex users with Prepar3D.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:08 pm 

CAF440 wrote:
Aharon, please give me a few days to dig. I know about pics like that and the many former strips that were used on and off. Doing a Ice Rwy isn't hard in FSX but would require Two afcads based on season. This big question is can FSX actually simulate the climate your looking for by itself

I would gratefully appreciate that!!! Also, it does not matter if the FSX default temperature is zero or minus 40. All I want to recreate this precise flight as seen on this photo regardless if the temperature is zero or -42.

Regards,

Aharon

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]