It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:06 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Brakes in FSX
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:04 pm 

I have not been able to properly use the brakes while taxiing. I have been needing to blip parking brakes. I am using Saitek pedals and yoke. When I apply toe brakes the brakes do come on, either 'brakes' or differential, but when I release the pedals, the brakes stay on. I have to flip on off parking brakes to stop the brakes from applying. I have been in the settings but no luck. Any suggestions.

Post subject: Re: Brakes in FSX
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:41 am 

Are your pedals set as "axis" or "switches"? It's the only thing I could imagine that would make your pedals act like ON/OFF switches.

Either that, or you're using the parking brake instead of LEFT/RIGHT on your pedals.

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:45 am 

depends on the aircraft also, default?

Image....Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:25 pm 

When I use the keyboard for braking individual wheels, they act like on-off switches. So does my joystick trigger which operates both wheels' brakes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:15 pm 

I have the pedals set in control axes. This behavior happens with all aircraft. In the setting screen or dialog, I set the assignment by pressing each toe brake when assigning the axis to that particular brake, right toe to right brake, left toe to left brake. I leave unchecked the check box "Do action when key is released" and the "reverse" check box is left unchecked. Rudder control is correct with no issues.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:33 pm 

I use FSUIPC to do all my axis s, but try and see if your other joystick is also mapped to the brakes. my peddles are the CH
pro and have never had a problem. try shutting off the other sticks and see then if it works. use the default aircraft for testing.
some aircraft have it screwed up in their cfg file.

The keyboard keys used for the brakes are on/off switches

Image....Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:02 am 

And go through all control assignments to make sure you don't have freaky stuff in there.

EDIT: And make sure to check both calibration/assignment panels; Saitek and FSX.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:18 pm 

Crap, so I fired up FS-X and I now have the exact same problems. Everything used to work fine before.

I tried everything, calibration, checked all controls, can't see anything wrong.

CH Pro Pedals, Thrust Quadrant and Yoke.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:26 pm 

I have tried re-assigning different keys to no avail. As a matter of fact, when I assigned the brakes to buttons on the Saitek Yoke I had no brakes in the sim. Even my Num * and Num - keys don't work. My pireps are full of 'Parking Brakes Applied'. I have tried Saitek's software and still no answer. I have tried different aircraft also. As a side note I have had additional issues with zooming in overhead mode and outside spot view. At times when I try to zoom in or out I can't, but about 10 minutes later, I can zoom in or out.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:48 pm 

You could try deleting your FSX.cfg that might be the problem, when FS starts again it will make a new one, or edit it and take out the controls in it.

Image....Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:55 am 

Well I just renamed my fsx.cfg file, restarted FSX and went through the settings. Started a flight and froze my computer...............................

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:08 am 

I deleted the config files, no difference.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:53 am 

The good news; I was able to fly Montreal - Quebec despite the annoying brake problem, the rusty pilot and the hamster memory.

The bad news; I forgot to enter the flight level in Acars so the pirep never started recording when I clicked on Start. D'OH!

Oh well, I need a lot more practice doing that flight anyways. I had to go around offline earlier `cause I was going to run over a slower AI. This time, I was alone up there, messed up autopilot and fell 9000ft or so in a spiral of screaming passengers, had computer yelled PULL UP - PULL UP quite a bit at Lesage, but other than that it went very well for my first Vatsim flight in quite some time.

Hopefully the new harddrives are here tomorrow so I can install W7 Pro 64bit, FS-X and the Level-D 767. Oh the joy of reinstalling everything.

:)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:50 pm 

CVA0014 wrote:
The good news; I was able to fly Montreal - Quebec despite the annoying brake problem, the rusty pilot and the hamster memory.

The bad news; I forgot to enter the flight level in Acars so the pirep never started recording when I clicked on Start. D'OH!

Oh well, I need a lot more practice doing that flight anyways. I had to go around offline earlier `cause I was going to run over a slower AI. This time, I was alone up there, messed up autopilot and fell 9000ft or so in a spiral of screaming passengers, had computer yelled PULL UP - PULL UP quite a bit at Lesage, but other than that it went very well for my first Vatsim flight in quite some time.

Hopefully the new harddrives are here tomorrow so I can install W7 Pro 64bit, FS-X and the Level-D 767. Oh the joy of reinstalling everything.

:)

Welcome to the club. I flew VATSIM from CYUL to CYYZ a half dozen times before I dared ACARS it. And I was also out of commission - though not as long as you. Quite a kick to get back up. I even got one of my ORBx scenery installed and still no BSODs.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:10 am 

I found this, gonna go try it out for my CH controllers. Clearing the calibration might be the thing for the Saitek users as well.

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/showthre ... H-throttle

EDIT: It worked for me. First I used the CH Utility, reading the README helped in clicking the right icon, then went in FSX and set all the controls over again.

Make sure to go through all controls for all controllers in FSX.

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ]