It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:56 am

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: W7-64 system scores
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:54 am 

Alright! I've been wondering about these SSDs. Keep up the posts please.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:02 am 

when I did all my research for my xmas computer. SSD is the only thing that will effect that index. you want to make sure you get a 6bs not a 3 through. not to many 3 gbs ones around but you will still find them time to time. I do not have numbers on ssd because I decided on flight yoke first then ssd. but did hear that ssd does make a huge difference. my scores are.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:14 am 

my computer is i5 3570k 3.4 with non overcloaking motherboard :cry: yeah messed up on that one should have went with a z77 board didnt realize they are the only ones good for overclocking.
8 gb ram cheapest they had
gigabyte geforce gtx 650 1gb running at 1.15
not sure about hd or dvd pulled them out of my cheap acer x1420 have to be really cheap.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:20 am 

not sure what I did but just retested for sag(shits and giggles)
and new scores are
7.9 gigady gigady

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:59 pm 

Specs and tests are for those who love those numbers... finally have time to be back flying and have tested FSX through the SSD versus the 7800 RPM hard drive.

These are load times for FSX, pilot reporting software, weather software, and OPUSFSX server

SSD -- Time from double clicking on FSX icon (also starts all the other programs) 18 seconds

Hard Drive --- Same double clicking on FSX icon 35 seconds.

No stutters at all ever even on heavy duty scenery and running aircraft like PMDG 737NGX aircraft.

I am running two FSX computers linked using OPUSFSX with three open links, one for aircraft position, one for sharing weather and one for sharing traffic. Both computers are pretty well identical except for difference in memory 16 GIG on main computer and 12 GIG on secondary computer. Main computer used to view instrument panel with second monitor used to view other panels and software. Second computer with two monitors, one used to view charts (main monitor) and second one (actually our old 48 inch Plasma tv with computer input) for outside view (mounted on the wall behind my computer desk).

Also run Saitek panels (two), one for power, generator, lighting, icing etc. switches and one for autopilot controls (rotary selection of altitude, vertical speed, aircraft speed, heading bug and navigation bug) and switches for autopilot functions. Third small panel (upstairs right now and can't remember the manufacturer) for radio frequency selection, barometric pressure selection, transponder code setting and various other functions.

Also throttle control, rudder pedals and yoke for aircraft control.

Cheers Rod

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2