It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:32 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:23 pm 

I posted the following in the Van Isle VA per request by Jon Patch, developer of the fabulous Vancouver+ scenery package:

Hi everyone!

I would like to invite any and all of you to participate in a virtual fly-in to Pitt Meadows Airport on Sunday, August 20th. This is a special fly-in for the following reason:

Sunday is the actual, real world Pitt Meadows Regional Airport Days celebration. The airport is open to the public and there will be all sorts of activities for adults and children, as well as limited fly-bys and many static displays. Of course, you are welcome to come to this event if you can! But here's the sim side of it...

There will be a MS FlightSim demonstration running live at the same time as the show! 3 CVA pilots will fly the computers and give newcomers a try at it, and one VATCAN controller will be on another computer controlling CYPK tower. CZVR will be fully manned as well, I am told. The objective is to bring light aircraft VFR into CYPK. You can start from wherever you want using "heavier" aircraft and fly to CYVR, but then switch to "light" aircraft for the remainder of the flight to CYPK. Jon Patch has most generously provided copies of his extraordinary Vancouver+ scenery to the folks that will be manning the CYPK computers so that the public will see that there is NO difference between the sim version and the real thing. If you don't have this scenery, you can pick it up at http://www.fsaddon.com/products/products_vancouver_plus_1.html

Please join us to make this a fun event. The event begins at 10:00 and ends at 15:00, so the sim hours will be roughly the same. We expect 15,000 people to the airport that day, so if you fly-in, keep the oily side down!! Hopefully, I'll see you virtually on Sunday. If you decide to attend in person, you can find me either at the sim display, or manning the CASARA (Civil Air Search and Rescue Association) booth air side in front of the terminal.

Cheers, fair winds, and blue skies!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:42 pm 
Site Admin

Great job, Ken. Thanks for that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:00 am 

This is my last pitch. I want to see a big turn out at the virtual CYPK fly-in. Why? Well, I'll tell you why.

Dale already has his computer set up in the CYPK board room. 3 monitors, no less! DS and Ben will be there. Alan Taylor will be running CYPK tower from the other end of the board room table. In the middle, I am placing my computer with the monitor focused on Jon Patch's totally realistic scenery depiction of CYPK. My monitor will stay on the airport, so my dream is that visitors to the boardroom will see you guys taxiing around the airport, taking off, landing, etc., then looking out the window at the apron and realizing that the sim looks like the real thing. This doesn't happen often, if in fact, it ever happened before today.

Let's make a show for the folks that visit!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]