It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:17 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Vatsim Online
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:27 am 

Flying tonight on Vatsim was the 3rd time I was called not by Canadian 371 and I do have my callsign as CVA371, but it was another Canadian Airline, now I have to put in the remarks that my call sign is "Canadian 371" We have lost our Virtual Airline status on Vatsim and that is really sad. I guess some other airline has CVA now.

I find it very sad that with over 370 pilots we can't get 15 pilots to fly 1 flight online in 60 days. (Some VAs have that many pilots/flights each night)
But checking some of the pilot flights from the roster and I see quite a few pilots that haven't flown in quite a few years. one pilot has done 2 flights since 2013 of less than an hour, and his last flight was 7 years ago and there is many more like that.
We used to have challenges, weekly multi online flights and awards, I realize people have lives to live, I do too, I work half the year and when working I still try to get on here and fly.
I have over 13,000 hours logged here and have spent 100s of hours painting the aircraft in the fleet and probably 100s more coming up with FS2020 released.
I'm not complaining, I really do enjoy it. but lately I've been really wondering what's the point when all I see is maybe 4 pilots that fly online and on a regular basis.

I would like to see more pilots flying online, try and get together and fly, isn't that why we're here? I could fly online without CVA, go to another VA, or just be by myself. but I thought we were here for the comradery, to enjoy this hobby.

Hope to see you out there.

Image....Image

Post subject: Re: Vatsim Online
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:08 am 
Site Admin

Hey Cal!

Very good points indeed. i have purged a number of our non active pilots over the past year or so and we may need to continue to do so.

That being said we really need someone who has some time and passion to assist us with the VA promotion and social media presence (Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / etc). This is where we have fallen over time and we need to refocus some efforts in this area. We've always had a very flexible presence here in the VA and as you say largely it has been the comradery that has kept us together and going for many years.

I'm hoping we can get a volunteer to help us on the social media side as I have not had the time to do so personally. If anyone on that note is interested please get in touch with me directly.

On that note - Cal your repaints have been absolutely beautiful over the years and I believe something that has helped to attract many pilots so thank you for your past and continued work on these magnificent visuals!!! I believe with the new FS2020 and some new repaints this will also help attract more pilots and hopefully we can regain our Canadian Virtual status on Vatsim. As well I am going to try and commit to get at least 1 flight in a month online VATSIM to help keep us current. Hopefully others will join in as well on this front.

Cheers! :mrgreen:

CVA7769

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:01 am 

Hi folks!

I'm one of those degenerates that hasn't flown in over a decade. :stirring a stick in the mud emote: :D

I finally have a decent gamer back up and running (which reminds me, gotta update my profile). Hoping to post a few pics soon of what I'm setting up. :)

The 3 kids are now grown up and out on their own, finally getting time to get back into flying. I've resuscitated my project of a custom controller using FS2020, but not for a payware, gonna target default aircrafts for a while.

Microsoft/Asobo has thrown a few rocks in the cogs of custom cockpits. No more 2D panels complicated things for multi-screen guys, but I've figured a work-around. Same with that darned yoke that keeps popping up, have to manually HIDE it, no biggie, just a pain I can't automate that (yet).

Meanwhile, my account on VATSIM has been suspended...? Opened a ticket, hoping I'm not permanently banned, but I can't image why. Worst case, I create another, just sucks.

Cheers from Kebekistan! Home of the Greatest Year-round Pothole Festival.

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:31 am 

Hi All,

Can we increase the popularity of our VA here: https://va-list.com/canadian-virtual-airlines-779 by voting every month?

Regards,
Indrajit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:31 pm 

Not a bad idea. I'm not sure how much traffic that site gets? I'd suggest we first work on become a recognized VATSIM VA again. Also the write up on that site is way outdated...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:17 am 
Site Admin

CVA1010 wrote:
Not a bad idea. I'm not sure how much traffic that site gets? I'd suggest we first work on become a recognized VATSIM VA again. Also the write up on that site is way outdated...

Miles has hit the nail on the head! Unfortunately we have been a little shy on the recruitment side and I'm not sure what has happened to Frank as he seems to have disappeared! If anyone has heard from him please let me know!

If any of our key members who have been with us for a long time and you have time / passion and a little tech savvy are interested in helping us grow again please feel free to reach out to me!

CVA7769

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:24 pm 

CVA7769 wrote:
CVA1010 wrote:

Miles has hit the nail on the head! Unfortunately we have been a little shy on the recruitment side and I'm not sure what has happened to Frank as he seems to have disappeared! If anyone has heard from him please let me know!

If any of our key members who have been with us for a long time and you have time / passion and a little tech savvy are interested in helping us grow again please feel free to reach out to me!

pm'd you.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:48 am 
Site Admin

Thanks Harry and much appreciated for the info.

Cheers,

CVA7769

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]